Sunday, December 30, 2007

Say What?

My children constantly crack me up. Prior to Christmas break, Hayden was learning about the food groups. Although there is now a food pyramid, they still sorta stick to the basic food groups. I guess so they don't bombard the kids with too much info. Anyway, tonight Hayden was quizzing us and we were quizzing him. Q: what group are fries in? A: fats, oils, and sweets group. Q: ice cream? A: dairy group. Q: carrots? A: vegetable group. So this goes on for a good five minutes, then I ask Hayden "what group is cereal in?" He gets real quiet and wrinkles up his forehead before he answers, "I dunno, the breakfast group?" Hmmm, haven't heard of that one!?
Then we have Chloe. We were watching TV when an eHarmony commercial comes on and she asks me, "Mom, do you ever use that?" And I'm like "no Chloe, I am married, why would I use that?" She's like, "what about before you were married?" So, then I'm like "eHarmony didn't exist before I was married. "As a matter of fact no one even used the internet back then because it was still being developed." And she looks at me and Jon with the most insane look on her face. Like, you poor dorks. What a sad world ya'll come from. Like, no internet? Bummer. She was seriously shocked that life existed before the web came to be. Gosh, those poor Brady kids. What about the dinosaurs? What did they do for fun? Eat rocks? And what about the pioneers? Man, kids today....

2 comments:

Kelli said...

But it does seem weird that we didn't have it. I remember not having it, kind of. But still, it's hard to remember those days!

James said...

I know its weird, when I think what it would be like if we didnt have the internet - I realize how much I use the net for entertainment now.