Sunday, February 17, 2008

Since watermelons aren't in season yet,

I got the next best thing. These are the individually wrapped pieces, but they'll do just fine. They don't sell the sticks anymore, or even the all one flavor bags, ugghh! I had a love affair with watermelon sticks at one time. Just the name watermelon stick makes me happy. When I was a kid, I used to be seriously addicted. Then I grew up and figured I would look silly sucking on candy all the time. Plus, I would like to keep my teeth for as long as possible, never mind being a good example to my children. But, I was feeling nostalgic tonight and checked a few sites and sure enough found me a case of pure, sticky, sugary, fake fruit goodness. I guess these will be an early birthday present or something. When Kelli, Amy, and I were little our mom would drop us at the public pool for a couple of hours several days a week to swim. This was before the world was as psycho as it is now. Anyway, we would get to stop off at 7-11 on the way home from swimming to pick a treat. I would almost always get a stick and could make them last about 2 days, or until the next trip to the pool. There would even be an imprint of my tongue on the stick, gross. I am super excited, and I sound like I'm 9 again! Even though I am supposed to be trying to lose weight... I think I'll be ok, if I pace myself. Now, if I start buying my other childhood diet staples in bulk: chick-o-sticks, Skor bars, sixlets, and Funyuns I am gonna be in trouble.

4 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

i love Skor bars!

Kelli said...

My after-swimming treat was always the Chicostick. I know I spelled that wrong. Watermelon Jolly Ranchers always remind me of you.

Ashley said...

yeah, I think we all picked alot of the same stuff.

Shannon said...

Um, yummy! What a fun summer treat! I used to love living with my dad he would always have these gigantor size boxes of candy in the pantry I could snack on all the time.