Saturday, August 30, 2008

Girl Power!

Jon and I were just talking the other day about the upcoming presidential election and we were both at a loss. To put it mildly, we were pretty sure we weren't going to be voting at all. Which is sad, because you feel as if 1) you're an adult and being able to vote is a privilege, 2) you hope that your one vote will have an impact, 3) it's your right as a US citizen, and 4) you want someone in the White House who stands for what you believe in. But, we have been feeling pretty un-interested in the whole thing and the candidates. Honestly, for me, ever since Mitt Romney withdrew I haven't paid a whole lot of attention. Until today. I am VERY excited about McCain's choice of Sarah Palin! I have been reading every article I can about her, and I am impressed. Up until today I had only heard about her once, after she delivered her last baby in May, and that was it. She had made national news because her son was born with Down's syndrome. Anyway, she seems like a tough, smart chick. Not to mention, she had on some pretty great red pumps today. So there, I haven't been this excited for an election in a looong time. And, I bet my parents and grandparents never dreamed we would have an African American Presidential nominee and a female nominated for Vice President. Wow, this is gonna be good. I am excited. And, just so you know, I NEVER hardly EVER get into politics at all. It's like opening Pandora's box...

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Isn't it just so crazy?! I am the same way...I just don't get into politics, for several reasons! But when I heard WHO McCain picked and what she STOOD for! OH MY GOSH...I am totally addicted now and will even VOTE! But really, good planning, Republicans....way to get all the momma's to want to vote!!

Krista said...

I loved the timing of it all. Noone is talking about Obama now!!! I was seriously worried at first but once I heard about all the stuff she has stood up for, I was impressed. If Obama gets in, we won't be able to afford to live with all the taxes he's going to increase;(