Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Green Salad

The last two nights we have had chef salad for dinner. It is a favorite summer time dinner, for everyone but Chloe and Hayden. We just add turkey, ham, boiled egg, bacon bits, cheese, croutons, tomato, cucumber and avocado to a big green salad. If I am feeling really domestic I will make homemade Ranch dressing. Well, I was feeling domestic, so I made some dressing. I just get the Hidden Valley ranch packets and mix in mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill weed, and sour cream. If you like Ranch dressing, I recommend you try it. Anyway, long story short, I needed to add a little more buttermilk, mayo, and sour cream to the dressing because it kinda thickens up over time. I found more than I bargained for when I opened up a container of sour cream. It was wedged into this little compartment in my frig that I am too short to see. The date on the carton was June 28th. I cleaned the frig out around a month ago and never even saw it. I don't think? Or maybe I thought sour cream couldn't go bad? Who knows? I honestly don't remember. But, I will always remember the way that sour cream looked... I know I am not the only one this has happened to, or am I?

4 comments:

Kelli said...

ewwww...
looks familiar.

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! I have never seen sour cream like that (that is FUNKY!), but I know that there have been times when Kieth and I had to throw away some plastic containers b/c we were too afraid to clean it out!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

oh MAN!!!
But good point! Can SOUR cream get any sour-er?? I guess you proved that phenomenon!
But yeah...monthly fridge clean-outs can get gross...mold comes in all different shades, doesn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Fridge**(:

Not frig.
No offence.
(: