Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A little piece of history







We are boat-sitting for my brother, who just relocated his family to New Mexico. The boat is a family heirloom you could say. It is 50 years old and belonged to my grandfather on my dad's side of the family. Well, my brother and Jon have something in common in that they like to tinker around with cars, boats , and motorcycles. They both change cars about as often as I go shopping! Well they have both owned my grandmother 's 69 Ford pickup which we currently own and Jon drives . Now, we are adopting the boat until they have room for it. Which will be never because Jon is not gonna give it back. Sorry Chris! He recently had the boat sanded, revarnished, and tuned up. It has all original parts down to every registration card, the original trailer and brochure. Of course Jon couldn't resist a working boat in the garage without promptly heading to the lake. So, he went not once but twice to Benbrook lake this weekend. And after a few snags got it out on the water for her maiden voyage.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Ahh, that makes me miss Grandma. Looking at that boat, I can just smell her garage and the sawdust from Grandpa's untouched workroom. And then thinking of that smell makes me think of the unique smell of her pantry.

*Sigh*

She was so cool.

Ashley said...

Yep, me too. Can you believe she's been dead for 10 years??? I was 9 months pregnant at her funeral. Grandpa has been dead for almost 27 years.

Kelli said...

In some ways I can't believe, but in other ways, I guess because I was in Utah when she died, it feels like a lifetime ago. It's just surreal.

James said...

Hayden looks so cute.