Sunday, November 8, 2009

Titty Baby

Man, who knew a sweet little innocent baby could turn an entire household upside down and all around? We are all absolutely smitten with Camden, but he can be a stinker. Mainly for me, his primary caregiver and then it's all downhill from there. He is not a bad baby at all, he just knows when I am doing something other than pay attention to him. It goes like this: the split second I get to do something he cries. He has that little alarm in his head that only he can hear. It's the "Mommy is eating, peeing, bathing so I'm gonna scream my head off alarm." This week has been particularly rough. I have been wanting to get out more and I want to go alone. So usually a couple of nights each week after the kids are fed and bathed I will head to Target or Walgreens or maybe stay home for a swim in the tub and all HELL breaks loose. There are two reasons why- Camden wants booby 24/7 and Jon isn't so skilled at keeping him quiet when he's STARVING TO DEATH! So he gets anxious, the big kids get annoyed and I get a million phone calls or a screaming baby plopped in the bouncer and next to my bubbly bath. The second reason- he wants to eat so often that I literally have a boob out all day. I strongly suspect he may have reflux. Simply because he gulps down an entire feeding, barfs it up, has insanely bad hiccups and then it starts all over again. Thankfully he's gaining weight and I will be questioning his doctor for advice at his checkup Thursday. I guess other than it being 1 step forward, 2 steps back every day around here it wouldn't be so bad but it's trying alot of the time. It doesn't help that I have close to no patience when I have stuff I need to do, like bathe. I am quickly learning to ignore my hairy legs, dust bunnies and baskets of clothes in favor of showers and regular meals. I wish he would get better at sucking his thumb or would take a pacifier or something! Or, it's gonna be nutty around here til he's old enough for solid food. Heaven help me....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Do you think maybe he is lactose intolerant? If he is eating and then puking that may be it! I hope not, but ya never know. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

My son did the same thing when he was a baby. I had to stop breastfeeding him around 2 months old ,and put him on soy formula that helped alot! My other children did so well with breast milk, but all babies are different. Oh and he did have acid reflux!!