Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hiatus

Ok, so I'm taking a "break" from blogging. And, before you groan and roll your eyes let me explain. Before I had Camden I was in a funk and would waste countless hours on the computer. In that time I developed friendships that I truly treasure now and would be lost without. But, I also developed a bad habit of not managing my time and ignoring more important things. It wasn't unusual for me to check my email 20 times a day or refresh my blog to see if someone commented over and over... and then it was Facebook. Oh my goodness, Facebook! I love it! I love the rekindled friendships and the new connections. I won't mention blog surfing and online shopping and etc etc... But now, I simply cannot keep up. With my kids, my chores, cooking, homework, you name it. I have been trying to keep up my "online life" but it's causing me to suffer in ways I never imagined- like when I got a moment I would read blogs or Facebook instead of showering and when I was ready to bathe, Camden would have a screaming gassy fit and guess what? No shower that day! Or, I would stay up late and browse online and not go to bed with my hubby and before you knew it, it was 2am and my kids needed to be up at 6. I still try and read every one's blogs and I do get on Facebook but it's usually a quick check on my iPhone, so I don't keep my butt glued to the office chair (which is getting flat in the seat area, hmmm). I love my blog and I love that y'all read and love it. But, I HAVE to start prioritizing. I am just waaaay too busy to waste time on the computer. This is in no way an insult to those of you who love to blog and still have time for it, keep it up. It makes the rare 10 minutes a day I do get online (usually to add lunch money to the kid's school accounts or check the weather) all the more enjoyable. I will TRY and blog here and there, but it's no longer #1 or even #8 on my priority list. Keep me on a reader, check here and there. I still have a list of things to write about and pics to post, someday.... I LOVE YOU GUYS! And, I hope that y'all still want updates on me and the kiddos, so at the very least I will try and keep y'all updated on the family.

4 comments:

Cheree said...

Totally understand. If my job weren't so boring, I wouldn't be blogging. :)

See ya 'round!

Lois Brown said...

Wise. Very Wise! Love you! Lois

K said...

I am so glad we chatted the other night and caught up a bit. Remember that you are doing more good things than you realize and keep heading in that direction!

Love ya,
K

Heather said...

I have loved catching up on you and your family after all these years. But I can totally understand your dilema. GO enjoy life with your kids. They sure do grow up fast.