Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just Because

Ya know, I really wish I was always positive, but I'm not. I really wish I didn't compare myself to others, but I do. I really wish I didn't think the grass was greener on the other side, but I sometimes do. I get irritated at myself for being that way. It's so dumb! Call me an idiot, call me a brat, call me blind- whatever you want. I admit that I am dense, among other things. Anyway- the reason for this post is to pump me up really. I have a wonderful family and am so blessed but have found myself overwhelmed and frumpy and cranky among other things. But today I sat on the computer and looked at a bunch of old posts (sorry for the lack of new content) and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am funny! I am smart! I am sorta cute and sometimes I look pretty! My house isn't as bad as I think it is. My family is cool, and nutty, and unique and MINE! I always think we don't do enough fun or memorable stuff, that we don't have a cool family like EVERY one else...I certainly don't document enough memories of the things we manage to do. And, I finally realized how silly I am! Shame on me... I have been re-reading my old posts and I am a swell person and a good wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, etc. and we DO have a cool family and I have a pretty amazing life. No, I don't get to travel to neat places, I can't take good pics to save my life, I am chunky, my family is wacky and I could go on and name my "flaws" forever and a day but I'm not gonna. I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy my family today and every day. Now, you go back and read some of my old old posts and I am gonna go spank myself.

5 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Good for you.....and you are all those wonderful things!

gmakatz said...

Bravo!!!!!

Erica said...

Finally!!! :) You're my favorite redhead, you know that, right?

Anonymous said...

Yes you are all of those things. I am so blessed to have such a GREAT friend like you.

Love ya!!

Erin

Anonymous said...

The other week when you visited church with me, everyone commented on how pretty you looked. You especially brightened Sister Tieken"s day. She said she smiled all day after being with you. Love, Mom