Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to the OB she went.....

So, today I went in for another check-up. Seriously- bad experience... First I was late and was courteous enough to call. That idiotic receptionist tried to tell me if I was more than 15 minutes late he would have to reschedule! Really? What about all the times he made me wait over an hour?? I managed to slip in a whopping 4 minutes late! Miraculously, I was called back within 5 minutes. Where I was promptly weighed, I am up 1.5 more pounds, wowza! The minute I got in the room I told my nurse exactly what I thought of the receptionist, it rhymes with witch. Then she told me my Group B Strep test was positive. Which made my blood pressure climb to 140/90 and my feet to swell like balloons! Ok, my feet were already swollen but still! They did get bigger, much bigger. I am sensing lots of rubber flip flop days in my future. Anyway, back to the point- Of course I was sitting there panicking about the strep test because I had Googled it the other day and it scared the bejeezus out of me! That didn't help matters one bit! Then that silly nurse asked me if I wanted to be checked for dilation and effacement!! I said to her: "of course I do, don't all doctors check at 36 weeks on?" And she acted like I was WEIRD! That got me even hotter! Anyway, he finally came in and molested my cervix with his big fat fingers. Which was horribly painful and not at all something I care to do again. I think I may tell her no next week when she asks if I want to be checked. She might wet her freaking scrubs. Anyway... to make a long blog post short- I am dilated 1 to 2 centimeters and starting to efface a TINY bit. Which sounds promising if you are going to give birth to a Lee press on nail... As of now, I am on strict doctor's orders to rest with a vat of bon-bons and some cheesy television. Which I fully plan on obeying ;)

P.S. After I calmed down a bit I had my blood pressure checked again and it was down to 122/76 so that's good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I laughed so hard about your blog post that I got Dad coming to see what was wrong with me. I'm glad your blood pressure went back down. Prop your feet up as much as possible.

Krista said...

How come you picked this OB? He doesn't sound so great;) Why in the world would they ask if you want to be checked? That should be automatic!! Sorry your blood pressure went up! And yes, prop your feet up and get some relaxing in:)

Erica said...

Woman, you're hilarious. Keep your feet up and relax. Why have 4 other children if not to wait on you hand and foot for the next 12 days? Oh, and I was Group B both times and didn't even notice.

Lois Brown said...

Hang in there girl! I think you handled everything remarkably well! Keep your feet up and relax....I'm not sure you know what that word means, but I hope you'll do it anyway!