Friday, August 7, 2009

Picture OVERLOAD: nesting, re-decorating, and misc...

Ok, so I am finally able to post some pics of all the SUPER HARD STRESSFUL work I've been doing around the house. I am pretty much done with everyone's rooms but the baby's which is ironic because I had this brilliant idea to play musical bedrooms because he was coming.... I have more big plans and cute ideas for the nursery and hope to get started tomorrow, wish me luck!! Anyway- just a short rundown: Hayden's room used to be Chloe's and was pink/cottage green Shabby Chic decor. The baby's room used to be Chan's and was brown and blue stripes, Chloe's room used to be Hunter and Hayden's and was blue, orange, and brown surf. The big boy's room was our home theatre/game room (which was our garage when we moved in) and was purple, black, red, with black carpet, home theatre decor, etc. And, lastly the bathroom was tropical blue surf overload. I'm afraid a little thing called $$ or lack of has put my living room/kitchen plans on hold for awhile but I am pleased with the looks of things so far. All right now- give me some honest feedback.

Big Boy's room


books and stuff


TV watching seats


close-up of bed


room from doorway



picture in kid's bathroom (reminds kids to conserve water- ha, ha, ha...)


mirror and cool towels


shower curtain in kid's bathroom which inpsired everything else


Hayden's book nook


Hayden's room- decorations, TV with Zumiez stickers (skater must have....)


more decor, decals, TV


Hayden's bed (I chose comforter, he picked paint)


Chloe's dresser and chair


dresser (Jon refinished this, it was cottage green with rose knobs)


shelves full of goodies, love the curtains


the bed and new duvet (she chose decor and colors based on the duvet)


crib full of sheets, bumper, etc. (waiting til the last possible minute because the cat has already tried to claim ownership...)


drawerful of goodies


closet (trying to organize...)


bouncer/stuffed animals


crib (again waiting til the last minute to get ready because the cat thinks this is his room...)


lonely shelves (trying to decide what to put on it)


shelves of cute stuff


changing table

8 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! You have done a FABULOUS job. Seriously, that looks like HARD WORK, woman!!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Oh...and I want that bathroom! SERIOUSLY. The green and the "conserve" lol..LOVE IT.

Ok, I'll stop.

Kelli said...

It looks amazing! So much brighter than before, too. I love it. Good job! And the baby is coming, for real! Oh my gosh!

Shannon said...

I agree! It looks amazing! Everything really came together great, and I too L-O-V-E that conserve pic, where on earth did you find it??

You are truly talented!! I bow to your home decorating greatness :D

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have recognized those rooms at all. Very good work. Poor kitty, he thought you got hom his own room. Hope to see soon. Love, Mom

Krista said...

Very cool!!! Love all those paint colors. And LOVE your crib and changing table!! You did an awesome job.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

That crib is so cute...as is the argyle bumper and polka dot sheets! The paint looks great!

Ashley said...

thank you, thank you, thank you! I still have lots more to keep me busy. Starting with those paint cans in the hallway.....
The conserve pic is from Target of course ;)