Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And she's overwhelmed.... week 2 as a family of 7

Wow! Overwhelmed is a massive understatement.... It has been interesting around here. Let's just say my recovery period officially ended Sunday evening. I love my hubby to death, but he ran out of steam around the time the visitors stopped coming in droves. He lasted longer than I thought. He has been getting Hayden from school on his lunch break which is great, and does a random chore here or there- but it's never really enough. Basically things are one step forward two steps back around here. I am constantly nursing, changing diapers, or washing baby clothes. Today alone Camden went through 7 outfits! I am lucky to get a shower and to brush my teeth around 1 each morning. With the big kids, Jon, laundry, dishes, school stuff, my Facebook addiction and the baby- it's the earliest I get a moment to myself. A smart mommy would leave crap undone, but I just can't. One night this past week I got in bed at 1 and Camden woke up at 2 and stayed up til 6.... I was climbing into bed when my kids were having breakfast. Then there's the animals, they are always looking at me with hunger in their eyes. But really- they're fine and besides how am I supposed to nurse a baby when I barely have time to eat? Thank goodness for granola bars and Hot Pockets! And, speaking of food- our dinner fairies stopped bringing food on Sunday. So sad... I think Jon took it harder than anyone. Man, was it ever nice. So far this week we aren't setting the world on fire with our own home cooked meals either. Last night- chili dogs, tonight- Dairy Queen. Seriously I gotta do some intense healthy meal planning since my diet officially restarts Monday. I am only 12 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. You gotta love breastfeeding, I have lost 6 pounds since Sunday! Woo hoo! Anyway... back to my rambling. I am trying my hardest to spread myself out and be Supermom, but it's easier said than done. Don't get me wrong, I am so in love with my family and our beautiful new son. But, I didn't know stress til now! There have been funny moments as well. Like, Cam's insanely loud bowel movements that produce a dime size spot of poop and the random giggles and smiles he is so good at while sleeping. I think my biggest guilt feeling/gripe though is spreading me around so everyone gets attention and in the process I am neglecting Ashley... Which, I guess is a gripe nearly every mom I know also has. So, it has been crazy, fun, intense, exhausting- you name it! Basically, I guess we are trudging along and having a happy chaotic time figuring out our new normal- whatever normal is?!

P.S. I also managed to make two homecoming mums this week, with tons of help from my friend Erin. I literally gave up two showers to make those bad boys. You're welcome Chandler and Hunter... I will post pics soon.

1 comment:

Cheree said...

I was about to say – if you’re taking a daily shower that’s pretty awesome! I went the longest time w/o bathing when Caedyn was born (gross – I know). And my hair? Well – there’s a reason I wasn’t in any pictures during the first few weeks of her life . . . .
I’m sure you’re doing great. Now go take a nap! :-)