Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homecoming Mums

This week me and my friend Erin made Chandler and Hunter mums for Homecoming. Those two stinky boys informed me they had dates for Homecoming 1 week before Camden was due to arrive. I informed them (with smoke coming out of my ears) that as soon as I got the baby here safely and had a day or two to recover that I would make mums. And, true to my word when Camden was 6 days old I took my hot post pregnant bod to Michael's with Erin and shopped for supplies. Of course I left Jon in charge of all the kids and he did splendidly even though the baby screamed for breast milk almost the entire time. It was nice to get out even though I was a bit scatterbrained and Erin had to pretty much shop for me. Making them was fun if not a little interesting, simply because we kept burning our fingers on the glue gun and I had to stop and breastfeed ALOT. Thank goodness I had Erin on diaper and rocking duty... she swore she didn't mind! On another note- I just want to say how absolutely grateful I am to Miss Erin. I have known her for about 4 years but it feels like a lifetime. She is an AMAZING friend and has been there for me so many times and I can never thank her enough. She arranged all of our dinners to be brought in for a solid week, brought me lunch, sat with Camden so I could shower, helped me make and deliver mums, and even ran over at a moment's notice to watch the baby so I could run all the way out to Jon's shop (what? we live on almost 2 acres....) She has been a lifesaver! Love you Erin. Anyway- I'll shut up now and show you the mums. I will hopefully get awesome pics of the boys and their dates up Saturday.

The silver and white mum is for Chan's date. Apparently all Seniors do a silver and white mum. The pics don't show the cute stuff we added (my camera stinks). But there is a whistle, a lipgloss, Sharpie marker, musical notes, Tootsie Rolls, and Dum Dum pops in addition to all the footballs (him) and tennis stuff (her). It was gonna have bubble wands too, but I forgot... Either way-I love it and I hope she does too!!






The blue and black is for Hunter's date. She's a freshman and he's in 8th! Hers has alot of the same stuff as the other one except his date is on the swim team and she has a rabbit's foot on hers. I am kinda bummed that I didn't get a chance to add bubble wands or a BMX bike like I had planned and I was gonna do lights but they would only last 8 hours. But, she loved it as much as I did so that's a good sign!




2 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Love them. I never knew how to make them I always had to have help....or Allison always got help that wasn't her mother....I just paid for the stuff! Very good... you go mom!

So I am ready to get a baby fix. Are you ready to go to lunch yet???

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I am so glad that we have become such great friends. Love ya!!

Erin