Thursday, September 17, 2009

Camden is 1 week old!

Oh man, I have been wanting to blog but I am barely keeping my head above water. So, this post will probably be kinda long and hopefully not at all boring....

First things first- yes I am gonna blog about my "birth story" eventually and I have given myself a month to update the blog title and add new photos since we are no longer a family of 6. I just need to search for a header and background I like and also new pics need to be taken. That being said- where do I start?

It has been an amazing, stressful, happy, weepy, blessed first week with a new baby around here. We are sooo in love with Cam and can't get enough. I had an audience (the entire family) for his first big tarry poop and his first sponge bath. The kids are pretty fascinated by their new brother and I probably could have saved a ton of money on baby gear as he's always in someone's arms. Breastfeeding has gone as well as could be expected for someone whose boobs haven't nursed a baby in almost 8 years. Sore and cracked. But, I suffer through and it's getting better. He is getting enough to eat for sure and has already gained 1/4 inch and only lost 1/2 a pound per his first doctor's appointment. So that is great news. I however have been a bit weepy since coming down off a hormone high. I have either been head over heels in love with my family or overwhelmed or tired so I cry here and there. But, I have amazing friends and family who have kept me sane. I do have a bit of cabin fever and the blahs as well, probably from lack of sunshine. I really want to get out but it's too soon and I am TERRIFIED of swine flu, colds, etc. So, I am staying put and trying to keep my chin up. A shower does wonders as does brushing my teeth. We have also been spoiled rotten by our friends who have kept us fed. We have had casseroles, lasagna, spaghetti, tacos, and DESSERTS! It's amazing! We have saved a ton of time and $$ which are in short supply with such a big family. I get teary eyed just thinking of how blessed we are. Really, who knew people really liked us and wanted to help? I am stunned. So far each day is pretty routine- Jon and the kids go off to work and school and the baby and I go back to bed! We spend our days nursing, diapering, resting, and I watch TV and do minor chores here and there. I spend a huge portion of each day kissing Camden and rubbing his velvety head and soft feet. I love the way he smells and my most favorite of all is how he quiets down at the sound of my voice and the way he "roots" for a nipple on my face. He is so sweet and of course- PERFECT! I seriously can't believe having another baby was a question all these years. Yes, it is hard having 5 kids and juggling all that comes with our life but when I look at their faces it is so worth it!


sleeping, look at those hands...


sleeping some more


wide awake at bedtime


same as above, and yes he sleeps with us


he slid way down in his boppy


first bath

9 comments:

Kelli said...

I LOOOOOVE when they root around on your face. Oh! So sweet! I love the pictures. I need to squeeze and hold him again.

Kelli said...

Oh, and in order: Picture #1 - looks like you. Picture #2 - actually look kinda like Chris. Or at least very Anderson. Picture #3 - CHLOE! Picture #4 - Hayden. Picture #5 - a fetus. Get it? Cuz he's all scrunched? haha! Yeah, I'm dumb. Picture #5 - PISSED!

Kelli said...

I can't stop coming back to look at these.

Cheree said...

Congrats Ashley!!! So precious!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That first picture is just too precious...such a sweet little baby!! And that silky soft head...ooo, can't get enough of that!

Krista said...

Way too precious!! Love the pics!

Lois Brown said...

ohhhh, he is so precicous! Can't wait to see him in person!

Alicia K said...

He is so stinking sweet! I love hearing all this fun stuff and thinking of how excited I am to have one of my own to love so much.

Leanne said...

Oh, he's sweet. I love sleeping babies. Congrats again.