Thursday, December 10, 2009

OMG Ashley look at your butt... and stomach, and thighs, and double chin and...!

I am sitting here drinking a Coke while a Dove chocolate melts in my mouth and I know that the good times of giving into the cravings are over. Besides, the three C's- chocolate, cheese, and Coke make Camden fart. I had seriously cut down on them when I discovered they made him gassy, but eventually the cravings won me over. But, now that he had his 3 month birthday today, it's TIME! Time to eat healthier and guzzle even more water than I normally do. I try and eat somewhat healthy but I am so nowhere near perfect. I am lucky that I am nursing because it burns so many calories and I feel like if I had tried harder that I could have lost more weight by now. Thankfully I lost every single pound I gained during my pregnancy which is nice, however it's definitely distributed differently. Honestly I don't know how the scale has the same number because my face is puffy, I have a fat belly, and of course there's my boobage, which I swear needs it's own zip code. I am gonna start slowly partly because I am not sure how many calories I should eat and because I don't have time to read labels and count calories like I did before. My plan is to eat healthy, normal portions and not go for seconds. I will allow myself to "cheat" but not everyday like I have been. I am also gonna double my water intake which is already pretty high. For exercise, I am gonna put on my Reebok Easy Tone shoes and do the treadmill while Camden swings or looks at his mobile or something! I may even try and keep them on while I do chores and whatnot. I won't wear them in public though- they are fugly! I am pretty sure that lugging the car seat and carrying around a 13 pound baby will help me in the weights area. I am gonna see how things go on this "plan" of mine for a few months and if I am not showing marked improvement I'm gonna have to join a gym and consult with a trainer. I don't think I was ever meant to be teeny tiny and although I love sports and am pretty athletic I am never gonna be a gym rat, a runner, or a slave to exercise. Life is pretty busy and as long as I try and stay healthy that is what's important. And, first and foremost is my family so I really don't want anything to get in the way of that. I wanna enjoy the last year Chandler is in our home and I want to be able to spoil my last baby as long as he'll let me. Anyway- I guess I am telling you guys this so I can get advice and/or words of encouragement along the way. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Cheree said...

“Redistribution!” I know exactly what you’re talking about – what’s up with that?!
Not really any advice here other than to say “you go girl” and “tell me what works when you find it”. Well – maybe one bit of advice: Don’t feel guilty for taking a bit of time out for yourself to do something healthy. A few hours a day aren’t gonna hurt your kiddoes, plus, it’s good for them to see you taking time for yourself anyway! :)

Lois Brown said...

Luck! You can do it! And I think you look GREAT!!!!

K said...

I have no words of wisdom in your quest for a healthier life, but I wish you well (oh yeah, when you find the secret to your success, share what you learn!).

K

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!