Monday, December 28, 2009

Tidbits

Ok, here is what's been going on:

Christmas is FINALLY over, yay! I am so glad and I don't mean to sound like Scrooge at all. Mainly because our house is so over run with baby goodies that I will not be sad to see the tree and other decor go in the attic. Hopefully we'll have won the lottery and gotten a bigger house before next year.... HAHAHAHAHA! LOLOLOLOL! Christmas was a blast as always! Camden's first Christmas didn't disappoint, however I forgot to get him a Baby's 1st Christmas outfit and a pic of him wearing said non-existent outfit... oh well!

I got an IPHONE! I love it so much! It is the funnest thing to play with although I don't know half of the things it is capable of. But give me time! I never want to own another phone. It is SO COOL!

Jon and I are discussing putting our house on the market. Yes, the real estate market isn't great now. But, with prayer, faith, and much intense discussion we feel like if it's the right thing to do we'll know. Also, if it sells quickly that will be a determining factor as well. We aren't 100% sure where we would go but have discussed Grand Prairie near Joe Pool Lake. Personally I would miss my friends over here terribly and our pool and stuff but we need more living space and less yard.

Camden weighs 16 POUNDS! He is getting so big. He is giggling and kicking and is just so full of personality. I just love him to bits. He put on quite a show for family over the holiday and was passed from person to person and boy did he ever ham it up! He has been drooling and chewing like crazy. I think he may be in the beginning stages of teething. Certainly his boobie-biting has been an indicator. Santa brought him some baby cereal and 1st foods, so after his 4 month check up in a few weeks he may be starting solids!

Ok, here's a biggie: what do those of you who live near family do to divide your time with family evenly over the holidays? Jon and I had a pretty heated argument about this over Christmas. Yes, bad timing I know... I absolutely LOVE both of our families to pieces but it seems as if I don't ever get to see enough of them on holidays. We are either at our own house or on the road. What to do? There are only so many days... advice/opinions please!

Chandler took his SATs the other day and scored 1800 out of 2400. I was hoping for a perfect score :) to help him get into a good school or the very least a decent scholarship. I am super proud of him no matter what! He is more than likely gonna retake it, simply to see if he can get a higher score and because when he took it the first time he had 4 hours of sleep, no breakfast and he left his calculator at home.

And, last but CERTAINLY not least: both of Jon's grandmothers passed away within 13 days of each other. So super sad and at Christmas too. His maternal grandmother, Mabel, was in her mid nineties and it was expected that she wouldn't make it til Christmas. But, it was very hard regardless. She was soooo sweet and I loved her so much. Just a sweet kind little lady with a great spirit about her. I will miss her so much. His other grandma, Cecilia, was his stepdad's (from age 5 to 25) mom and she was a feisty redhead like me, so naturally we hit it off from the first time I met her. Her passing was VERY unexpected and hit an already grieving family hard. I am so sorry to all family on hubby's side for such a devastating loss during Christmas. These two neat ladies will be dearly missed. As soon as I can get my scanner working I hope to load some pics of Mabel and Cecilia on here.

And, on that note I am gonna finish my chores and dinner. I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and I am wishing all of y'all a healthy, prosperous, Happy New Year! Can't wait to hear those resolutions!

1 comment:

Krista said...

First of all....sorry about your loss!! That's never nice to lose someone around the holidays!
As for dividing time between families....we have finally figured out a system that works for us. I used to stress out so much because I was always worried about getting to the other families house that I never enjoyed the one I was at. So, Christmas Eve and dinner is always at his families house. We also exchange presents with them that night. Then first thing in the morning we do our own thing and then head on over to my parents for breakfast and exchange gifts with them. This way we are not worried about rushing out the door and can enjoy each family seperately and equally:) Hope that helps. It has made Christmas so much better!!