Monday, October 26, 2009

Family Update

It has been way too long since I blogged about me, Jon, and my big kids, oops! So, I figured it was time. And, you know I'm gonna talk about Cam too, can't leave him out! Here goes:

Me!
I am slowly but surely figuring out how to juggle me, marriage, 4 big kids, 1 little kid and a whole lotta etcetera. For sure getting a good nights sleep and the SUN coming out helps as does getting out. I have been very reluctant to get the baby out but the last 10 days I have gone to lunch (thanks Barb), 2 birthday parties and a trunk or treat. Being able to fit into my "skinnier" jeans, put on makeup and socialize has helped my mood tremendously. I feel like I whine alot and I apologize but I am still in shock! I had gone so many years set in my ways and used to the dynamics of our family of 6 that is has been an adjustment. But I am managing. I have had to laugh instead of cry, leave stuff undone and just relax. Life is too short and precious to make mountains out of molehills. I am blessed beyond measure and I am so thankful for that.

Jon!
Jon is picking up lots of slack for me I guess you could say. He is doing lots of errands and grocery shopping, things I would normally do. He lets me out here and there (that sounds bad) to get a pedicure or piddle around Target but it's stressful for him since Cam is a titty baby and screams the whole time I'm gone. I was able to get 4 bottles of breastmilk pumped and frozen for emergencies only, but Jon already used them up... for the baby. I appreciate him way more than I say and he is a great husband and father. It is pretty cool to be able to see the love he has for me and the kids just by the way he looks at us. I know that he is stressed and worries about supporting us, but he doesn't let it show. He is pretty cool, I think I'll keep him.

Chan
Oh Chan Man. What can I say? He is my big teddy bear. Boy is he ever laid back though. I won't say lazy but... He is STILL undecided about college and will more than likely get his feet wet in the adult world by attending a local college for a 2 year degree first. I am not sure if he wants to move out as soon as he graduates or not, I refuse to have that conversation. The thought of my first baby birdy leaving the nest is not a topic I wish to discuss. He did have two more medical mishaps since I last blogged- a dislocated elbow and a sprained MCL. Which means he got to play a whopping TWO football games his Senior year of high school. I know he is bummed but I am hoping he can focus that energy on getting super good grades instead. We'll see!

Hunter
Hunter is my other teddy bear. He is a cool kid and I have really enjoyed chatting with him lately. He and I have gone on a few errands together and found ourselves home alone a couple of times and have had the chance to catch up which has been great. He is growing up right before my eyes, as a matter of fact he is taller than me now! He is taking a hiatus from BMX and is getting interested in football again. Too bad the season is almost over... He had a small glitch for awhile in the form of X-Box Live, which he wanted to play all the time and it was affecting his moods and whatnot so we had a long talk and I have nipped that problem in the bud. I can't believe he is gonna be in high school next year! Holy Cow!

Chloe
Oh my pretty girl! She is growing up way too fast. I look back at photos of her from a year ago and can't believe my eyes! She is soo beautiful! And, she is in love with her baby brother. She was super bummed when she found out he was a HE and it took her a few days to warm up to him but now- she is mommy #2 around here. She changes diapers like a champ, talks to him, makes little videos of him on her camera and generally is a huge help. She has been honing her gymnastics skills like you would not believe. She was on a competitive team when she was 5 but got burned out really quick from the constant practices but thankfully she was able to stay strong. She has now taught herself how to do a standing backtuck and has almost perfected her aerial. She has also been hanging out with friends at their houses and has even gone to the mall and a parade without her mommy. She has anxiety and would normally never go anywhere without me or Jon. She is changing and growing so much. I am so proud of her.

Hayden
He is my little buddy. We have always been pretty close since he was born. I quit my job to stay home with him almost 8 years ago and I have enjoyed every minute. He was bumped from being Mommy's Littlest Boy when Camden was born and I think he is handling it ok. There are moments when I can tell he is frustrated at me and I feel so bad. He has even told me that I have been mean to him since the baby came and that makes me feel an inch tall. I have tried to be more patient and loving towards him, the last thing I want is for him to feel as if he was replaced. In addition to his mean mommy our neighbors just moved and they had twin 7 year old girls that he played with every day, I know he is gonna miss them BAD. Poor baby. He is so sweet and has a huge heart and I am so glad he is mine. I am gonna try super hard to make his birthday next month extra special.

Camden
Oh the baby boy! He is changing soo much it's nuts! He is smiling more and more and I am pretty sure he has a little dimple. He is rolling over from front to back which is way too soon. He has had a few rough nights where he stayed up all night long, that was not fun at all! He has yet to sleep a full night in his crib preferring instead to be tucked up next to me with a boob for a pillow. I am still seeing red in his hair which is just odd. None of my kids have red hair or dimples.... I am so glad he is here. He makes our whole family smile!

And that's it for now. I am trying to limit my time on the computer, so I won't be blogging as much. Not that I had been anyway! I feel better when I accomplish more around the house and one nursing session with the laptop open can last way too long. Keep reading though. And I might add new pics eventually....

No comments: