Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So, can you sew?

Now that I know what I'm having my wheels are a-spinnin' with ideas for bedding and stuff. More than likely, unless I win the lottery or my house sells for 10X the value this baby boy is gonna be bunking in mine and Jon's room. Which means I want our things and the baby's things to coordinate as much as possible. So, my idea was to have a crib set (bumper, dust ruffle, etc.) made that would go with our things. I am thinking some sort of patchwork, with cool boyish fabrics. My problem is: I can't sew. I checked etsy and all I could find was massively expensive, was already pre-made, or was made with fabrics of the seller's choosing. That is where my blog friends come in... can anyone that reads this blog sew? Would you be willing to help me? I can pay (within reason) and I would obviously buy all the materials and would be available to help in any way I can (cutting squares, etc). If this is something you or someone you know would be interested in doing or who already does this kind of stuff, shoot me a comment or an email. Thanks in advance!! And, if you know of a 6 bedroom home for under $10,000 let me know that as well....only kidding.

7 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I wish I was a fabulous seamstress....it would come in handy! I need to get a sewing machine and start practicing!! ;)

Lois Brown said...

I can sew and I can even make quilts etc....but, as you know I'm in the middle of planning a wedding that is only 120 days away! But we could try and fit some things in....let me know what you want to do and I'll see what I can do to help! I'll see if I know of anyone who would like to sew that stays home that would like to earn a little extra money! Let me think for a couple of days....

Actually one of blog friends who I knew when we lived in kansas lives in Carrollton now and makes lots of different baby things and sells them on her blog.....ooooh, she might be someone to check out. She is the burke-works on my list of blog friends. She recently put pictures up of a quilt top she had made...hmmm!

Shannon said...

I can sew... :D

Ashley said...

You guys are awesome! Lois- I know you are super duper busy, so I wouldn't think of adding more pressure and stuff for you to do. But, if you think your friend(s) would be willing to be hired let me know. Shannon... we may have to talk! By the way- I usually keep my babies in a cradle or bassinet on wheels for 2 to 3 months anyway so I wouldn't need it completed until late November early December. Thanks again!!!!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Congrats on "it's a boy!!" Good luck with the bedding and be sure to post pictures of the final product once you get it made (or have it made)!

Kim said...

Hi Ashley,
My name is Kim and I am the friend Lois was talking about (except I live in Keller so I am closer than Carrollton). I do sew as Lois mentioned and am more than willing to help you out with your project. In fact I have a patchwork quilt in the works now. I stay at home even though all my kids are grown because I just keep way too busy to work BUT I do have time to help out friends (or friends of friends as the case may be). Anyway...I am willing to come to your home to help or I can do it here. I can do it for the price of gas if I come there and then whatever you think is fair and if that is all you can afford I am fine with that. If you would like me to help you out just e-mail me at wifeunit@verizon.net and then I will tell you my phone number (it is unlisted so I don't want to post it here). BTW...congrats on your new baby...how exciting!!!

Ashley said...

Kim, I am about to hit the hay bit I will email you tomorrow. Thanks!