Wednesday, April 29, 2009

just being cautious...

Ok, so for the record these were taken waaayy back in January when Chandler had the mystery virus. But, in light of recent news (swine flu) and to keep things light I thought I'd post them. To be honest I'm more than a little concerned, but I am hoping the media is making a mountain out of a molehill... I am being super diligent about handwashing and disinfecting, just to be sure. How about you? Being just as cautious or do you even know what I'm talking about?? Anyone out there think I am right on track or paranoid? Would love to hear your opinions...

Me, keeping out the germs. At least I hope so...


Hunter, Chloe, and Hayden playing video games in their Michael Jackson masks

5 comments:

Missy said...

I think handwashing is always good. :)

I have to tell you that I'm flying to Atlanta for a wedding this weekend, and I am seriously considering a mask. Also we are having Spring Break this week, and I can't help wondering how many went to Mexico.

But in general, I don't feel too concerned.

Shannon said...

I am concerned, but I hope and pray that the news is making it seem more than it really is. But, we skipped story time, and I don't want to take the kids anywhere. It's really freaking me out!

Krista said...

I'm concerned but I try not to think about it too much. There haven't been any cases here yet but maybe I would be more worried if there was like you guys. I was thinking at work today that I am employed at a place that is probably not so good for that type of thing. I see people from everywhere and work very closely with people. Ick!! Although, we do live in a country that is medically advanced and most likely these cases won't result in death. At least I hope it doesn't.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

There is always cause for worry, but you can't stop your life because of it. Like at the childcare at the gym, they made the kids put anti-bacterial stuff on their hands before they went in and after. Which is something I'm planning on enforcing in nursery, too.

The media blows everything out of proportion, it's their job, I guess...which is why I can't watch the news. But maybe with all the attention, it will make us all more aware...here and in other countries.

We survived SARS and the bird flu, which was supposed to be a pandemic like this one. And really, it's the last days...it's gonna get worse before it gets better. I'm just glad we went to Cancun when we did!!

Kelli said...

Yeah, I'm not too worried. Especially now that there is a wee bit of backtracking going on.