Saturday, April 25, 2009

Status Quo

Well, since I don't have any awesome pictures or groovy stories to tell I am gonna just do an update kind of post.

I am so glad that warm weather is here! The kids have been swimming every day this week and are already begging for their friends to be able to come over and join them.... not ready for that part! Personally, it's too cold for me. But, I can almost guarantee that when I am giant preg-o I am gonna be out there like Shamu at Sea World...

Chandler FINALLY started driver's ed. Not sure how I feel about that... I mean I am excited but also nervous. Excited that I won't have to drive him around all the freaking time, but nervous for obvious reasons. Thank goodness he has to drive with me or Jon for 6 months before he can get his license. Jon was able to get him a truck already (a '77 Chevy) and he only paid $475 for it. He bought it an auction for a children's charity as a non-running vehicle and all it needed was a battery. Plus it's in mint condition. Score!

We still plan on trying to sell our house, bad economy and all. We are decluttering here and there and will be working on little projects throughout the next month. The goal is to have it listed by late May. I personally will be praying diligently that what is meant to be will be. If it doesn't sale by January we will take it off the market.

One of these days I plan on changing my blog design but I am currently feeling lazy, forgetful, and design challenged. I actually have a neat idea but I keep putting off getting the ball rolling. Maybe this upcoming week... we'll see.

Hunter, Chloe, and Hayden are all doing good. Hunter has a new girlfriend and is always texting. Big surprise. Chloe is becoming more and more of a teenage drama queen by the day. There are many unpleasant moments around here... that's all I'll say about that. Hayden is just as sweet as ever. He told me today that he would skip the big BMX race in November to help me with the new baby. Awww. And, he gets to go on his first ever field trip on Tuesday. Complete with sack lunch and bus ride. He is very excited. I am going along as a chaperone. I really can't wait.

What is going on with this freaking swine flu? Seriously, as if there weren't enough things to worry about! So scary. My prayer is that it can be contained and that proper medicines will be found and that everything will be ok. Maybe I'm being paranoid, who knows. When I was pregnant with Hayden 9/11 happened and I was so worried for my family and our new baby. Looks like I'm gonna be on edge again for awhile.

And, lastly: the pregnancy. Somebody help me- I am a hormonal monster! Ugghh! Also, I am still suffering from awful nausea. It is so bad that I had to go to my doctor for an anti-nausea RX. It does nothing but make me tired. So, I am back to wearing motion sickness bracelets. They don't work either and they don't match any of my clothes. And, you'd never know because of the nausea- but I still have little cravings here and there. Right now I could go for a steak and baked sweet potato or Chinese. It's Saturday and I am so not cooking, maybe I'll get one of my cravings satisfied... And, speaking of cravings- I have gained about 15 pounds. Yikes! My goal is to not exceed 10 more pounds, then I'll be back where I started before I lost all my weight. I fully plan on breastfeeding 24 hours a day so I can burn a ton of weight off. I have done a little shopping here and there. Mainly clothes. It is super hard to find cute boy stuff, but I'm trying. Jon and I are gonna go this week and look at travel systems and a bassinet/cradle. Once I get those I have everything I need for his first week of life. And, my personal favorite: he kicks ALOT! So sweet, like popcorn popping in your tummy. That is a feeling I could never, ever get tired of.

And that's it! Hope y'all have a great weekend! Plus, be on the lookout for a fun giveaway... I am only 10 posts away from 600! And, I plan on doing a giveaway to celebrate! Yee haw! Y'all come back now- ya hear?

5 comments:

Krista said...

I'm trying not to worry about this flu. My new motto is if I can't do anything about it, then I try not to dwell on it. Good luck with the house!!

VirtualM said...

Step away from the Phenergan! (If that's in fact what the doc prescribed.) That stuff only helps with the nausea because you can't puke when you're asleep! I took it for two days and called up for Zofran instead. While it hasn't worked miracles, it did make the vomiting much less frequent.

Good luck with everything! You're a very busy lady!

Anonymous said...

Awesome find on that truck. I'm jealous.

Lois Brown said...

I'm so sorry that you are being sick that's really a bummer. The only thing good about being sick still is you know that everything is still going as it should... but still a bummer! So sorry and I hear ya on the teenage girls I had 3...have fun with that! Love ya though!

Kelli said...

I'm so excited for Chan to have that truck! Awesome! And I'm so glad the baby is kicking - it's something sweet in the midst of pregnancy hell. It's the ONLY thing I miss about being pregnant.