Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Look out, I guess I don't know how to behave.....

Well, apparently I am a crappy person and someone forgot to tell me. Which is ironic, because I thought I was a people pleaser. Honestly I am kind of getting tired of the title. But, not enough to change my ways, yet... I would like to know at what age is it ok to be who you are without getting your ass handed to you on a platter? I am not confrontational nor am I a "sweep everything under the rug" kind of chick either. However, if I am in a mood and am confronted about something- watch out. I guess my point is: can someone please tell me how I, as a female human being, am supposed to behave on a daily basis. Because, I guess I didn't get that memo.... I try really hard to be a good friend, daughter, sister, in law, neighbor, aunt etc. But, I guess I'm not as good as I thought. I have been confronted and or snapped at by 3 different people since Saturday alone, for seemingly innocent things. I won't go into detail or name names. I just want to know if it's possible to be fitted with a muzzle and some puppet strings as well as have a master puppeteer show me how I'm supposed to act? I am 35 years old, and left high school back in the 90's where it belongs. I wish people would stop and think before they decide to get mad at me or gossip behind my back. Here I am, weeks away from delivering MY FIFTH child, I am living in a cluttered war zone of a house, my teenage sons are smart mouths, my husband is being a typical man, and I have enough hormones raging through my body for a small pharmaceutical company. You would think that certain people would understand and cut me a little slack. I am TRYING.

8 comments:

Missy said...

I think it comes with being a "good friend, daughter, sister, in law, neighbor, aunt." I found as much as it sucks being snapped at - it sucks far worse when there's no one in your life that feels comfortable enough to snap.

Besides, you reminded me that I need to apologize for some snapping I did while visiting fam back in TX. :(

gmakatz said...

I love ya, Ashley-girl!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Urrgh...people like that piss me off. And it seems like they are EVERYWHERE!!

Erica said...

Well said. And, LOL. And I won't say anything else because I want to say many other things, but I can't promise that any of them are 1) productive and 2) appropriate and 3) make any sense. But well done. :)

Cheree said...

Good or bad - I don't think any of us change much at all from high school (or junior high for that matter). :-)

Hang in there. It is at times like these that true friends become apparant.

Krista said...

You know what sweets, I have always wondered the same thing. I am always trying to please people but in the end, I always get dumped on. I have learned that it's not fair and sometimes I care and sometimes I really don't give a rats ass! Everyone should be worrying about you at this last stage of your pregnancy!! I hope it gets better!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Ash!
I think you are beautiful and deserve to demand the world!

miss you.

Lois Brown said...

We always think it is going to be different when we are older becuase we are all grown ups right? I found that is wrong! We usually have the same personalities and if we are lucky we have learned some lessons and try to be better....but some never do. I'm sorry that some people were inconsiderate especially realizing what you are going through right now.... I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and say "they must have been having a bad day" but then I'm not 8 months prenant either. And as you know from my FB comment Tuesday I cried all night no matter what anyone said to me....so...hang in there! I love you! You are a great friend, mother, sister, in law, neighbor etc...no one could ask for better. Just remember that!