Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Naughty Puppy Dog

Since the weather has been so pretty, I have been letting Coco stay outside more during the day. I never in a million years dreamed she would eat my plants!! Now, I do not have a green thumb but I did manage to keep my banana plants alive this winter and they were starting to come back beautifully. In about 10 days time she completely obliterated my plants. I am so bummed. I am hoping to dig them out this weekend and replant them somewhere she can't get to them. Or I may leave them there and put some chicken wire around them. They seem to be pretty resilient so I am crossing my fingers that they will be reborn...

Here is a before picture. This is the only one I could find. Try and ignore the sweet little bunny and focus on the big beautiful plant in the background.


And... this is after!! Needless to say she has done some SERIOUS damage! It seems as if the minute something green or purple pops up from the center of the plant she eats it. If you look next to the basketball you can see one of the leaves!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Um, sorry, about your trees. But I want that bunny!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

We got a puppy a couple weeks ago. After 3 days I told my husband that is it...and we gave it back!! haa... Guess I'll never have to deal with a naughty puppy eating my plants!