Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring planting

I have no idea what took me so long to think of this... but, I had the brilliant plan to let each child pick and plant their own tree. So, we headed to the Home Depot and let the kids choose a tree. Hayden wanted a $200 palm tree but I steered him towards a cheaper yet I think more beautiful tree. I have nothing against palm trees, I have 2 of them by the pool that cost me a pretty penny or more like 3,000 pretty pennies. Anywho, we are now the proud owners of 4 new trees. And I must say they look splendid. Chloe and Hayden chose Magnolia trees and the big boys each picked a Bradford pear. Jon and I picked a small Mexican fan palm for our flower bed. It really changed the look of the house. Gotta love curb appeal. I took one photo of each type of tree, since it was starting to rain. I think we'll do this at every house we ever live in. Crazy tidbit: one of the trees we bought and paid for had a Walmart price tag on it, which we didn't notice until after we planted it. Go figure? They were even able to scan it. Freaky...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is such a cool thing! I know they will remember it too, b/c my stepdad and I planted plum trees at one house we lived and I still remember it, and whenever I visit my birth town I like to drive by and see the tree that I planted! Very cool!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

that is an awesome tradition to start! good idea!