Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Party like it's 1958!!

My dad had some complications after his cataract surgery and my mom had tickets for her 50th high school reunion, so.... guess who got to drive them??? And stay for dinner and dessert?? Me!! I would say at least I got a free meal, but my parents had to pay an extra $30 just for me. I so did not eat that much food! The food was good at least: grilled salmon, beef tenderloin, mini rolls, mini cornbread muffins, salad, mini chocolate pecan pies, and cream cheese fruit pie. Of course I drank Coke! It was cool to see all the people I recognized from my mom's yearbooks. There was also a really neat slide show. I think my 3 favorite things were: people doing a double take at the strange redhead who for sure wasn't in their graduating class, the coach who kept grabbing the microphone like 7 or 8 times and telling random stories, and the sweet little geometry teacher who was also celebrating her 97th birthday! That woman was sharp as a tack! No kidding, she still remembered which kids were the trouble makers! I really enjoyed hanging out with my folks, my dad and I especially had fun sitting in the corner cracking jokes and just being dorks. Here are a few photos. I am so going on a diet one of these years!

P.S. can you tell a drunk lady spilled wine on me? Thank goodness I wore black!



6 comments:

Shannon said...

How fun! That is cool that you got to go and share that night with them! I wish my HS did reunions, they are too cheap, lol, they just have a picnic every summer for alumni :(

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! Oh my gosh, Ashley, you look beautiful! Your hair looks GREAT! Those folks weren't lookin at that "weird red-head." They were awed! :)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Break it down, sista!
And yes...your hair is awesome!

Ashley said...

Thanks y'all!

Kelli said...

Sorry, this is the first time I've been on all week. Those are really good pictures. Mom told me about the wine thing. And you hair looks so good! I want to completely redo them.

Kelli said...

Redo it, not them.