Tuesday, April 1, 2008

They'll be riding home with me from now on...

This afternoon I got a call from Hunter and Chloe. Their school bus was involved in a fender bender. So, naturally I panicked and went to go get them. We had to wait 30 minutes before the police would release any of the kids. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt, although one kid did leave in an ambulance. We are still not sure what his status is. My kids were a little shook up, but mostly they all thought it was pretty cool. Needless to say I will be spending the extra money on gas and driving them from now on.

7 comments:

Borton Family said...

WOW that is scary, I am glad that they were not hurt.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Holy crap....that is scary!
I hated riding the bus as a kid... I know that it's like a rite of passage or whatever...but even the smell of a bus makes me nauseous!
And who the heck is teaching them how to drive?! A fender bender?

Shannon said...

Yikes! I always have felt like buses are SO dangerous, I mean a car full of rowdy kids and no one is buckled in? Does not sound like a good combo. So glad your kiddos are ok!

Kelli said...

I would have freaked out, too. And ditto on the no seatbelts, that disturbed me even as a kid. I'm so glad they are okay.

Anonymous said...

Plus, school buses don't protect you AT ALL from a flesh-eating ancient beast that resurfaces on the earth every 23 years to feed for 23 days. Just ask the kids from Jeepers Creepers II. They should really fix that and the seatbelt thing.

Krista said...

Glad your kids are ok. I'm sure they won't mind you driving them though. I hated the bus too. We always had to sit like three to a seat because it was always so crowded. Nothing safer than hanging off the side of the seat and into the isle;)

Ashley said...

They HATE the bus. It's just so nice though. Otherwise I would be in the car at 2:30, 3:45,and 4:30. There was a new driver today, but of course they weren't on it. Chan's bus is nuts! They must squueze 200 kids on that thing. They probably wouldn't budge in a collision.