Thursday, May 21, 2009

For Sale: one room at a time...

For those of you that have been to my house or if you've read the blog for awhile you know that I have a "media room". Essentially we turned our garage into a media room/man cave/hang out spot decorated in blacks, reds, purples, and various theater decor. Well, because I am not rich and my house more than likely won't get the $$ I need for it we are doing a major re-decorating/room swap. The first transformation is that we are changing the "media room" into a teenage boy's bedroom/ultimate hangout. Meaning Chandler and Hunter will be sharing a room for the first time in 5 years.... We essentially have no other option as we are busting out of this house already and baby boy will be here soon and he will be occupying Chan's room. So, I am completely changing everything in the man cave to accommodate the big boys. The new colors will be tans, creams, chocolate browns, denim blues, pale blues, plaid, etc. So, to make a long post short: I am selling everything that's not in those color schemes and that is theater related. To save me time and the frustration of ebay, craigslist, or a dreaded garage sale I am advertising on the blog. Right now I am selling the following:

tin signs (5 total, they all look like vintage lobby signs from a drive in)
painted wood sign (black with theatre painted in white)
a clock that looks like a movie reel
an area rug that is purple, blue, and black with popcorn, stars, and tickets
popcorn light switch plate
movie "clapboard"
1 fake Coke in a cup (this looks like a real soda)
1 bag of fake popped popcorn (real popcorn in resin)
black bistro table with two chairs
painted wood sign (brown with theater painted in cream letters)

*as of now that is all that I am selling but eventually I will be selling a black leather couch and MAYBE Jon's 65" flat screen. The last one may be a toughie...
If you are interested let me know. I would love to give this stuff away but I am funding most of the new stuff by selling the old, so serious offers only.

3 comments:

The Omni Crafter said...

What about the air hockey table??

K said...

Hey -

Can you post or email the prices of the items that you are selling? I am interested and I have a friend who may be interested, but I need some $$$$ amounts.

Later,
K

Ashley said...

Kirsten,
I would be willing to part with all the decorations for $20 and the table and chairs for $65. I will the throw the rug in for free if someone buys everything. The underside is stained from where I've cleaned spills so it's kinda ugly on the bottom but clean.