Friday, May 22, 2009

The week in review

This week has been nutty... I seriously never thought it would end. There's been good moments and bad moments, but I'm just ready for some lazy moments. Anyway- let's just say AMEN to the three day weekend. And, for your reading pleasure here's my highs and lows for the week:

The Highs-

Chandler got a 96 on TAKS History and a 90 on TAKS Math, yeehaw!

Hayden learned to cook scrambled eggs in his very own special skillet

Two surprising upsets on TV. Both American Idol and Dancing with the Stars were won by two wholesome kids and I couldn't be more pleased. Maybe I'm not as tolerant as I thought but I didn't want the favorite on either show to win...

I discovered a new store: World Market and all I can say is WOW!

I got the big boys Nautica quilts for half off, score!

Hunter actually swam in the pool with his family instead of having his face buried in his I-pod or the X-box

We were able to enjoy a home cooked meal at the table with all family members present four nights in a row, which is a record

Chandler finished driver's ed, now just lots of driving practice remains

Chloe got her first 1st place finish in BMX, go sister!

and now,

The Lows-

one of our fish died, during family dinner no less

our septic is giving us fits again to the tune of $700, ouch

Chloe got kicked off the bus for the remainder of the school year. Apparently it's fun to unscrew bus seats and remove their leather covers. Not to mention seat hopping and throwing paper wads.... all which was captured on the bus-cam

both Chloe and Hayden have grown out of or ripped several items of their dress code clothing. Seriously, there's only four days of school left! Ugghh! They may be wearing the same thing the remainder of the year

I am the victim of a bad cut AND a bad color. To sum it up: I look like an Irish Setter mated with a Chocolate Lab and had some butt ugly mutt puppies which were then groomed by a 3 year old... help me. I am seriously embarrassed to go in public.

The End, I hope... So far the good outweighs the bad but it's only Friday. There's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Ahhh....I'm sorry about the bad stuff!! But how awesome for the good stuff. At least it all balances out;)

Missy said...

Hey, maybe the haircut will lead to more family dinners at home?