Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom, sisters, and friends. I hope everyone had a great day! I had a pretty neat Mother's Day, celebrated over the entire weekend and it was pretty darn memorable. I think my hormonal ranting finally caught Jon's attention. So, for the first time in 14 years he went all out for me. He also wanted to be able to go to the big BMX race that was held today so he knew he better be on is best behavior. Friday I got 2 dozen roses and chocolates. Then, he took Saturday off and he and the kids actually served me breakfast (that he cooked) in bed! While I was eating they gave me my gift: several cards and a cute gift basket full of candy, my favorite soda, and bath products that he and the kids shopped for. I was pretty floored. And, he didn't stop there. He mowed the yard, washed clothes, swept, mopped, and vacuumed. I was stunned but very pleased. After all that he took me to dinner at H3 steakhouse down by the stockyards. Funny thing was, I thought we were going to dinner to celebrate our anniversary and that all the goodies were for both occasions, but he totally forgot about our anniversary which is Monday! I think he's off the hook...
Today was equally as nice as I went to church and lunch with my mom and afterwards took a great nap. When everyone arrived home from BMX we sat out on the patio while the kids swam and watched the sun go down. I really had a great weekend! It really put into perspective for me how blessed I am and what a sweet, beautiful, amazing family I have. With the everyday hustle and bustle, pregnancy hormones, teenage drama, etc. that we go through each day I think we lose touch from time to time. It was nice to be remembered and pampered. I just love my family so much! I am gonna miss them tomorrow when they are at school and work and I am here with the animals and the quiet. It will make them coming home at the end of the day all the more sweet.
Jon and kiddos- thanks for a great weekend! Love y'all!

1 comment:

Lois Brown said...

Wow! What a great weekend and special memories that you will always have! That is just wonderful and you did deserve something just that special!