Friday, June 5, 2009

Hello and Goodbye!

We made it through another school year! And, boy am I ever glad. I am so not that mom who loves when her kids are in school. The more they are with me the better. Well, as long as they are behaving. I've been home with them for almost 8 years and I definitely love Summer Break! This one will be especially bittersweet for me. In just three short months Chandler will be a SENIOR, Hunter will be in 8th, Chloe will be in 7th, and Hayden will be a 2nd grader!! And, 2 weeks after school starts I will be due to have this baby. Seriously it seems like yesterday that they were running in and out, dragging kids over to eat all of our popsicles, and leaving the sprinkler on forever while they made mud pies. I can't believe they are such big kids already. Their childhood is flying by way too fast. This year I am going to enjoy every lazy moment with them since they will soon be sharing their mom with another family member. It's not that we're not excited about the baby, we sooo are! It's that for so many years it's been the 6 of us. Life with a baby is gonna be interesting, chaotic, blessed, fun, lovely, scary- you name it! Plus, in all honesty- I am not sure they get what's coming.... Anyway, I made a list of things I love about Summer and things I won't miss at all!

Hello

lounging by the pool
sleeping past 6:30
watermelon for breakfast
ice cream for dinner
moonlit swims
cooking and eating on the patio
coconut scented sunscreen
sundresses
pedicures and pretty sandals
having my babies home with me


Goodbye

homework
uniforms
making sack lunches
getting up early
car pool
PTA meetings
school lunches (Chan's worst nightmare)
TAKS tests
being home alone
constantly being on a schedule and in a rush

4 comments:

Shannon said...

oh, i am SO with you! I LOVE summer vacation, and my kiddo isn't even in real school yet! It just feels so much more relaxed, the only thing I don't like is the HOT HOT HOT! haha!

Krista said...

For me with Trav being home, it's Hello help but goodbye routine;) Hehe. Sounds like a fun summer. Enjoy it before everything changes. I'm so glad you have the pool to help keep you cool.

Anonymous said...

I soooo agree!

Amazing Grace said...

love all your hello's !!!