Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm SO excited...

and I just can't hide it! Tonight I persuaded Jon to head back to the baby store with me as I saw a groovy crib and dresser/changer on clearance and I really, really wanted it. There was only one of each item left (in the whole world...?) so time was of the essence. Of course being the lucky lady I am- the one crib was showing as SOLD on their computer by the time we got there. So, the girl said she could sell me the floor sample for 10% off. But, I felt it should be lower than that even... I asked for a manager so I could work on my bargaining. I was hoping for an even larger percentage off. Anyway- a few bats of the eyelashes later and VOILA he gave us the floor sample for 20% off and it's in amazing shape!!! I am super duper happy, as I have never owned a brand new matching set, let alone a changer! I have always changed diapers on the couch or my bed. Anyway- I just had to tell someone! We pick up the crib tomorrow and the other piece should be in next Thursday, woo hoo! Here they are:

dresser/changer (obviously we won't be using pink)


crib (again, we won't be using pink sheets)


the bedding (that I need to hurry up and order)


P.S. we spent a teeny bit over $400, which was way less than the $700 normal price! I think it's a darn good deal!!

4 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Good job!!! You go girl, with your skillz...I'm gonna have to bring you shopping with me more often!! :) How cool, tho...I bet this makes it feel so real! (not that the kicking and heartburn don't make it real).
Don't buy too much more stuff, tho...gotta leave stuff for your shower friends to buy for ya! ;)

Shannon said...

I like the modern lines on the crib, very cool. And the bedding is adorable of course! I LOOOOVE finding good steals on stuff!

Krista said...

I love those!!! And good job on getting a deal.

Kelli said...

Really friggin' cute blanket! I love it.