Monday, June 8, 2009

The Great and Crappy Weekend

So, I guess I've intrigued you long enough. Basically my husband and kids had a big BMX race in San Antonio this weekend. I decided I would tag along for part of it, but not until I had seen my sister Amy, her hubby Jesse, and baby Jonah. I was gonna shop my heart out in San Marcos at the outlets with Amy all day Saturday and then meet up with my family Saturday evening in San Antonio. Shopping was GREAT! I got a gorgeous red purse and wallet from Fossil for over half off, 4 pillow shams from Pottery Barn for $1.97 each(!), a top from Motherhood, and a super cute stuffed elephant for the baby. There was not near enough time to hit every store and it was 98 degrees! After shopping I was trying to decide where to stay- Amy's house, where I would have a nice air conditioned guest room all to myself or the RV with my family and 5 of our neighbors... Hmmm, seemed like an easy choice until Chloe called me in misery with a migraine. She needed her Mommy. So, I headed to San Antonio armed with children's Tylenol, a Milky Way bar for energy, and some awesome body wash. At the very least I could get a shower in the RV, right? Wrong! When I got there I discovered that the kids broke the shower knobs and my husband forgot to fill the water tank anyway... I sat on the lumpy "bed" in the recreational vehicle and cried. Fast forward to Sunday's happenings: I took a much needed "spit bath" in the bathroom at Whataburger, watched my family race a total of 5 minutes which took 8 hours to accomplish, babysat the neighbor's kids, and got one heck of a nasty sunburn. WOW!Such fun! When it was all said and done I was more than ready to go home. So, I packed Hunter into the van with me and headed for Ft. Worth. After a brief stop to have dinner with Amy and co. I hauled some boo-tay. I was less than 40 miles from home when Deputy Dog pulled me over and gave me a ticket for going 78 in a 70. I was in total disbelief. I even pulled the I'm pregnant and I have to pee card, and it obviously didn't work. So... needless to say there was some great moments and some crappy moments. I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with Amy and her family- Jonah is sooo freaking cute (I forgot to take pics, oops), shopping was awesome as always, I loved being with my husband and kids, and had some really good talks with Hunter- which lately is rare. The crappy stuff sucked, but oh well. I'll live, it's just gonna cost me a pretty penny. The ticket, the broken shower knobs, curtain and rod in the RV, lightbulbs with plastic burned onto them (don't ask) and the latch to the RV door. I also learned a lesson (I sure hope Jon did too): don't offer your neighbor and his kids the use of your RV. I don't care how big it is, 2 families are too much for one vehicle. Anyway, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?

1 comment:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ummm...thats quite a weekend! I bet you were recuperating all week!!!!