Friday, June 19, 2009

Shooting the breeze...

Just a little chatter for the heck of it.

I tried the new KFC grilled chicken. Not bad just not good. I kept thinking I was eating roasted chicken like Boston Market, but it had this weird grilled flavor. I probably won't get it again.

The baby's bedding came in the mail yesterday. OH MY GOSH! It is soooo adorable, more so than the pictures online could ever show. And, the quality is amazing. It is seeming more and more real that a baby is coming. I am NERVOUS! But, once I get a car seat/stroller system, I am ready, sorta... He just needs to "bake" for 80 more days. Wow, that's not long!

I am seriously developing a weird "crush" on the pedicure man. They must have taught him right in pedicure school. Put it this way- I think my eyes rolled back in my head when he rubbed my feet tonight. He could definitely give Jon a few pointers when it comes to foot rubs. I offered him the boy's new bedroom if he would move in and be there when I'm in labor. He turned me down...

Hayden cracks me up. Just this week alone I almost blacked both of his eyes, just because a cute kid is punchable in my opinion. The other day Hunter was lifting his arm to show me his sunburn and Hayden said "ooh Hunter yuck. You have HAIR under your armpits, gross!" And then this little conversation: "Mom, who made everything in the world?" Me: "God did sweetie." "No he didn't, because everything we have says Made in China."

Speaking of Hayden. Apparently his flossing and brushing need to be supervised. He has been complaining of a toothache so we headed to the dentist yesterday and he has 3 small cavities in ONE tooth. Grand total to fix it: $823.52!

Add that to the $1300 fine I got for the time my dogs escaped, the $160 ticket I just got, my $4200 hospital bill, and $5000 for a new a/c unit and I may need to borrow some money. Only kidding. But, yikes! I am more than a little stressed...

Speaking of stress- the constant nausea is getting OLD. Can it be possible that I am gonna have morning sickness my entire pregnancy? It's sure looking that way. I am nauseous all the time and it stinks. Really. Nothing I have tried works. Any advice? I have read about vitamin B6 and Unisom together and then there's Zofran but it's expensive. The phenergan does nothing. Any tips would be much appreciated.

And, that's all for now. I really want to do a giveaway for my 600th post (which I surpassed 9 posts ago) but I'm lazy. Soon, I promise...Anyway, have a great weekend!

4 comments:

VirtualM said...

Love the 'Made in China' comment!

As far as the nausea - there is a generic Zofran. My doctors hand it out like candy and my insurance covers it, so it might be worth a look. I haven't vomited in almost a week, but I've had some close calls and had to pop a pill to head off a puke. And I agree, phenergan is a waste. I never tried the B6 & Unisom, but it might be worth a try. Good luck, I know it's not fun!

Anonymous said...

Try rice water for nausea..just boil some rice and drain it. Save the water. Use a strainer to get the film off the top, you can add sugar to make it taste better..it works great for nausea ,heartburn, stomach pain.

Cathy said...

Put a few saltine crackers in a ziplock baggie by your bed at night. When you wake up in the morning, eat the crackers and stay in bed for 10 minutes while they digest. Then you're good to go.
At least it worked that way for me. But I never had months and months of morning sickness. Good luck!
P.S. Have you thought of a priesthood blessing?
Cathy Hunter

Kelli said...

That is so funny about Hayden! Oh, my gosh - he's hilarious. Can't help you with the nausea thing...