Monday, June 1, 2009

99 days!

Well, I am officially in my third trimester! Woo Hoo! Par-tay! Ok, maybe just a small party. I can't believe I am down to 99 days until my due date. In some ways it's gone by so slow, but in others it's like "whoa, you're life is gonna be getting even more chaotic and it's gonna happen before you know it and there ain't a darn thing you can do about it!" Anyway, here are some of the things going on in my life related to "my delicate condition":

I am still terrified of childbirth and I am not sure why... Oh yes I do, the old watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon analogy. Which, to me isn't as painful as back labor. And, I know because A) I felt every inch of Hayden come out and B) my epidural stopped working. Lovely huh? I am going to try my hardest to have this baby completely natural. Simply because I have so much scar tissue that an epidural needle won't go in, AT ALL. Somebody hold me...

My nausea is absolutely horrible. Like the worst it's ever been. I am quite sure it's because baby boy is growing fast and crowding my stomach which causes heartburn which aggravates my ulcer. I have been prescribed nausea and heartburn medicine but I hate drugging up my kid at such a young age. So, I'll suffer through. Judging by the scale, I ain't suffering too much...but, today has been especially brutal. I have had: jelly toast, peanut butter toast, wheat thins, and lots of water. Yuck! I think I'm gonna freaking starve!

He is moving like crazy, which is simply amazing! Just this past week he started moving higher up, past my belly button. Before he was squirming and kicking in my lower tummy. He must have had one heck of a growth spurt! And, the hiccups. Neverending hiccups. It's like he's down there throwing back a few cold ones or something. I am a little sad that I will never experience the feeling of a baby again after he is born. Ok, I say that now and I may be lying. If my husband doesn't hurry up and make an appointment for the males only nip and tuck doctor, I may have another uh-oh. And, we don't want that. Love me some babies, but this baby factory is closing up shop in 99 days!

We have finally started shopping and painting for our total home makeover. If this week goes as planned, I will have my big boys moved into their teenage boy pad next weekend. Then I can start on Hayden, Chloe, and baby boy's room. Hayden is getting this bed and baby boy is getting this bedding. We are doing Chloe's room in monarch butterflies, and this picture is being bought by me tomorrow. And, not to be outdone, I am re-doing their bathroom as well and here's my design inspiration. Whew, can you tell I am starting to get the urge to nest? And, just for the record, it was very sad to paint over my cool home theatre decorations. I even had one wall with our names painted like the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and that one hit me hard. Darn hormones.

Which brings me to the heat... could it be any more hot and sticky? I went to field day and a birthday party the last couple of days and I thought I was gonna die. It's bad enough when you're out in the heat but it seems like the minute you get home you are useless. It just drains me, like I have been run over. And, all I did was sit, watch, and drink cold water. But, it felt like I was the one running relays and smacking a pinata. Both days I drove home with my a/c on full blast, one vent on my face and the other up my sundress. I also stopped for a water and a cherry Coke at Sonic. Then I walked in the door, laid under the fan and fell asleep. Because I can.

In other news, yes I have a name for him and no I won't tell. Yet. I am also going to get a 3D ultrasound soon, which I am super excited about! I can't stop wondering what he looks like. I mean, I think about it all the time. Which I am sure is pretty normal. So... I guess that's it for now. I am so looking forward to my glucose test next week and before you know it, weekly OB visits to see if I'm dilated. Thrilling.


P.S. #1 Don't be alarmed if you see a mysterious black and white creature floating in our pool. That's not Shamu, it's me, in a fabulous black maternity swimsuit no less... I fully plan on living out back as soon as the algae is cleared up. My dogs decided they would chew the wires on our $250 chlorinator thing-a-ma-jiggy. So, as soon as it's fixed- CANNONBALL!

P.S. #2 I just realized I used the "word" ain't twice in this post... oops!

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

OH my, I loved this post...
First, 99 days! YAY...good reason to celebrate ;) with Hoffbrau.
Second...all natural, seems like you have no choice, but it makes me cringe for you and want to lie and say "it won't be that bad" but like you, I am scaaaaaared of childbirth. I remember being 8 months preggo with Aube and thinking "HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS?" But yours, ahem, is going to be perfectly painless ;).
That bedding is divine! And I agree about the heat...my POS car doesn't crank out the a/c as high as it should and our electric bill is too high so we turned it up, ugh. It's such a love/hate relationship...cause its SOOO nice to be out in the pool, yet icky everytime else!
Can't wait to see the little slugger in 3D!

I get longwinded when I'm tired. lol.

Krista said...

Oh man....I will have to look for some massage techniques for you for labor.
I would totally live in the pool too. At least it will keep you cool. Not cool that you have to replace your thingamabob though;)
I can't wait to hear the name you picked!! Enjoy the last few months of being prego;)

Amazing Grace said...

I bet you look fab in your swimsuit.. All prego's do!
Let's have lunch soooon!!!
before the baby's born... ok?

Anonymous said...

hey check out csnbaby.com they have some awesome cribs.

Shawna

Lois Brown said...

whoohoo only 99 days wow! Love the new furniture and decorating things...you're so good at that! So glad you will be living at the pool that is the best way to be pregnant!