Friday, May 9, 2008

Attracting the wrong kind of attention...

I have been a good girl lately in regards to spending money. For example I have been doing my own pedicures. The last two weeks my toes were red. Around Sunday the piggies were starting to chip- badly. So, on Monday during Dancing with the Stars I removed the old polish. I am pretty boring when it comes to polish. I usually stick to red, burgundy, or black. I have had them painted like cherries, watermelon, and in October, Halloween colors. That is the extent of my pedicure creativity. I am currently planning on black toes with little rhinestones. But, since I don't have a cute little Korean lady to do them for me, I have been putting it off. When I was looking for polish Monday, nothing cute and easy came to mind. Then, I had the brilliant idea to do them rainbow. It turned out cute enough, but after about thirty minutes, seemed a little young for a woman of my mature age. I don't know why, maybe a sixth sense or something, but walking through the hospital today I had an odd feeling about my toes. It struck me while we were waiting on the elevators that my toes looked a little gay pride. Now, please no one take offense at the above or below comments, but I am horrified at the thought of sending out a "gay vibe"...sorry but it's true. So, imagine me at the hospital with no makeup, a baseball cap, and rainbow toes. Then, imagine me bumping into a very masculine woman in a suit waiting on the elevators. Wow, awkward. Of course the elevators took forever. Of course I got impatient. Of course I asked her where the stairs were because she had on a hospital badge. Of course she led the way to the stairs and proceeded to take me and Chan on a mini tour that took 15 minutes. Of course she was giggly and flirty. Of course she noticed my toes. Of course I was mortified. Of course this polish is coming off immediately.


P.S. Yes I have a bunion, yes I have wide feet, yes I have tattoo, yes my "pinky" toenail is tiny, and yes I suck at pedicures!

9 comments:

Cheree said...

That is hilarious! Totally something I would do!
And my pinky toes are worse than yours! Mine are so little that sometimes the entire nail just comes off and I have no nail there for weeks. The pedicure ladies always look at it, scrunch up their face, look at me (as to say you weird deformed lady!), then look back down and paint on skin. I just think they should give me a discount or something since there’s only eight toenails to paint instead of ten. That should be 20% off! :-)

Kelli said...

Your feet look pretty! I heard the new "it" color (from two different magazines) is a really dark green. But of course I can't find it anywhere.

Ashley said...

I have several shades of dark green, not sure if it's me. I am getting old for that?? Cheree- I have never thought of that, I should be saving money too! My little toenail on my left food is painted on skin.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ya'll are too much!!!
You deformed lady...I can just hear it now!!
I think your toes are cute!

Ashley said...

Thank you! But, I am rainbowed out. Back to red for me. Although I am wearing a cream, black, and royal blue dress to church tomorrow. Would blue be too much????

Kelli said...

Oh, I love blue nail polish, but I never wear it when I know I'm wearing a blue dress, I feel too matchy matchy. That said, it probably looks fine, did you end up doing it?

Amazing Grace said...

cute toes!!!!!

Shauna said...

I have a tattoo on my foot too! They hurt like crazy huh!!!!!! I dread having to get it touched up in the future - probably the near future...and I have only had mine for a year.

Ashley said...

Yes it hurt like hell!! But, I only had to get mine touched up once. The first tattoo artist was a goof, so I had another place redo the color. It's been 6 years!