Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yo, bonehead!

Dude, what is up with some people? Why do they think it's ok to call me by something other than my name? I am referring to one word in particular: red. Now, the last time I checked my name was not Red. It's Ashley. I mean for real, can you not call me something besides that? How about sweetie, or honey, or even babe? Do I do that to them? No, I don't, because it's rude. If I don't know someone's name, I politely ask someone else or go with the flow and hope it doesn't come up. I cannot not tell you how many times I have been called Red, and it sucks. I mean have you ever heard someone say, "hey dishwater blonde" or "hi brunette" or even "what's up premature gray"? I am guessing, no. It just doesn't happen. I must have the word red spelled on my forehead in freckles or something. Only I can't see it. So, for future reference please call me Ashley.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

LOLOL, who called you that? That is so rude!

Krista said...

Ahhh! That sucks! By the way, I will try to e-mail you tomorrow. It's just been busy lately;)

Ashley said...

One of the guys whose store is next door to Jon's. Butthead! Krista- no biggie. I have just had email problems and didn't want people to think I was being rude.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

What gives? People have no sense sometimes...Hopefully he is balding and the next time he says that to you, you can call him BALDY!

Kelli said...

I used to get that, except it was "Hey, Four Eyes!" Oh, wait, that was my siblings... Haha

Anonymous said...

you could call me greybeard. I might start calling myself that.

Ashley said...

I remember calling you Smelly Kelli and I remember Jeremy calling Chris Bucker Brown... What a sweet family!

Kelli said...

Odd how Amy never had any mean nicknames, huh? Or am I forgetting?

Ashley said...

Not sure. I never really had a specific mean name, but I remember something about a Frito factory...

Kelli said...

We all got that one. Lovely boys, our brothers.