Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lucky!

Today I had to take Chandler to the hospital for more pre-op tests. He is having the screws removed from his ankle on Monday. Anywhooo.... I am moseying along I-35 at a swift 70mph when I see my exit and I am nowhere near where I need to be. So, real quick I exit from the center lane. I feel only a smidge guilty about the folks I cut off. Ok, not really! That's why I have a 4x4 Suburban, move!! I briefly recall passing a U.S. Marshall way back, but don't give it another thought until I see him behind me at the light. Crap! Of course the moment I turn left he flashes his lights at me. At first I was hoping it was because I was cute... but then I am pissed, because I am thinking he saw my registration that expired 8 days ago. Thanks, Jon. Of course he scolds me for my crazy exit and "having no regard" for the other people I cut off. He never even looks at or mentions my registration. Whew! And, as soon as I apologize and tell him I am running late for my son's pre-op surgical appointment, he tells me to slow down and be careful. And then he lets me go. No ticket!! Yay! And, for the record, we have been tossing around the idea of trading in the Burb for a Minivan, don't gag... I know. But, being the professional procrastinators that we are, we waited until after the registration expired. And, because we feel like spending an extra $70, I mean really what's an extra $70 bucks when gas is only $3.54 a gallon?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Why would a minivan make anyone gag? And why is everyone so lucky they get off???? I NEVER get off. Maybe because they can feel the waves of anger that roll off of me when I get pulled over...

Ashley said...

Yes, I did get lucky. Oh, this guy could feel my anger alright. I had my license and insurance hanging out the window and I was waving it around like take it already dude. I think me telling him Chan was having surgery saved me. I am glad though. As for the van I guess because I have driven an SUV for 7 years it's gonna be hard to drive a van. But, we like it. It's a nice one.