Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hey, you look familiar...

**WARNING**
This post contains subject matter that may be offensive to some readers. Or in other words: TMI. You have been warned. Personally I think it's funny, thus the post in the first place.
So, today I am out and about running errands. Which translates into: paying 1 bill, picking up my contacts, and shopping at 7 stores. Anyway, I head to the vision place first since my contacts are digging into my eyeball so bad that I feel as if someone is in there raking leaves or something. I get inside only to find a huge line, which is no surprise, since there aren't that many vision places in Burleson/Crowley. So, I calmly take my place in line and start checking out the other customers. I'm nosey like that. Well, guess whose in the waiting area doing his new patient paper work? My freaking OB/GYN! Now, if it was the kid's pediatrician or my dentist I wouldn't really care. But this is my OB! And, I see him EVERYWHERE! I have seen him at Target, Famous Footwear, and several restaurants. I guess I should be used to bumping into him, but I'm not. It's been 8 months since our last "visit". For goodness sakes, this man has seen my V#*^%A! He has given me a breast exam! Yes, I know I am probably being weird. But, I can't help it. I have often wondered how it feels for doctors. Are they being perverted or just friendly if they say hello to you in public? Does it make their spouse or significant other uncomfortable? Do they get a visual? Are they as uncomfortable as I am? The first few times I saw him and his family I was friendly and talkative. He and his wife are sooo nice. But, today I felt funny saying something. I guess because he was a good 15 feet away from me, and he was the patient. It just didn't seem like the time or place. I mean the last time I saw him I was wearing a giant paper napkin with my legs in stirrups. We were talking about swimming pools. Maybe he didn't recognize me?

4 comments:

Erica said...

When I quit laughing, I'll post a real comment....

Krista said...

That is too funny!! My OB is so busy, I doubt he remembers one hoo-hah from another;) I wouldn't worry about seeing him. That is weird that you see him in so many places though!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

it's cris, you're hilarious ash, i was trying to think of who makes me laugh as much as chelsea handler and it has to be you! That's pretty funny.

Amazing Grace said...

that is sooooo funny!