Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Minivan Momma

Ok as promised here are pics of the new van. I swore after going from a minivan to an SUV back in 2001 that I would never drive another van. But, that was before gas went through the roof! The price goes up by the hour it seems. Hunter asked me tonight what I thought gas would cost when he starts driving in 4 years. I am not sure I want to know. I hope he keeps his bike in good shape! Anywho... it's an '08 Honda Odyssey. We really like it! I will probably be driving it for the next 20 years. I like the fact that it costs less to fill up, that it gets twice the gas mileage, the reverse camera, all the cool little cubbies, and the sunroof. It really has tons of cool features. Too many to list. I honestly now have a different opinion about minivans...this one has proven me wrong. I have been afraid of the minivan stigma from back when I had the other one. Partly because I had a friend who would tease me and refused to let me drive if we went anywhere together. But, back then it was a necessity because we had three kids in car seats or boosters, not even counting their strollers, bags, etc. We had to have a bigger vehicle. I was thankful to get a van. Then I got too big for my britches and had to have an SUV. Well, that was then and this is now, with food prices, gas prices, and this crazy world we live in I am glad that I made the switch.







P.S. If you look closely you can see Jon's new gas sipper reflected on the van: an '84 Fiero. He's so cool, right now he is currently growing a mullet so he looks good in his new car...

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Ohhh! congrats, I am so jealous! We want a van so badly, but we have to figure out how to get it first!

Anonymous said...

Bitchin' van, Ashley!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Sweet Van!

Erica said...

NICE! Welcome to the club. I love love love my Ody.

Krista said...

Niiiiice!!!

Amazing Grace said...

love it! HOndas are great!

Borton Family said...

I am jealous you got one that is loaded. All mine has is a cd player. Not even captain seats, plus a dvd player. You got a good one. Welcome to the club!

Cheree said...

If I knew you better – I would totally make fun of you (but in a nice way). ;-)
I have Pilot envy – I love the new pilots. Although, my last trip to the gas station temporarily cured my envy (friggin $53 to fill up my tiny little car!)

Kelli said...

Looks good. I can't wait until we get our van.