Friday, August 15, 2008

Hello Kitty!

I was out running errands on Tuesday and knew if I came home without the cat I had PROMISED the kids that I would be in big trouble. So, off to the Humane Society I went. I was hoping that they still had a cage-ful of black kitties. I had my heart set on a black female kitten, who I had already named Oprah. When I got there a sweet little boy kitty meowed at me a few times and licked my finger, so I adopted him... I am so easily persuaded, all it took was a little tongue... The kids of course were so excited, until he got cranky. He was sweet as could be until evening and then he got angry. Today, he is a little ball of energy. Running around playing, purring, sliding across the wood floors. We finally decided he was in pain after the volunteer at the shelter rammed a microchip in his neck. He would not be still to be photographed, but I took as many pics as I could. He is such a little cutie. The funniest thing (which I won't show you) is the white polka dot on his butt. And, just so you know, Chloe is probably spending her birthday money to adopt Oprah. First things first, I need help naming him. So far we have chosen:

Obama
Carson
Buddy Holly
Slade
Jax
Tux
Jack Black and White
Napoleon

Playing with a shoelace


More shoelace playing


Hiding from the camera


Seriously lady, can you leave me alone already?

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That is one cute kitten!! Beautiful colors! My vote is for Buddy Holly :). Ooooweeeoooo, I look just like Buddy Holly, oh oh and your Mary Tyler Moore.

Simply Sarah *K* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

Ooooh, I am so going to be rubbing some kitty tummy tomorrow. He's so cute. Buddy Holly is cute, but long. I like Jax or Tux. Or James Bond. :) But that's long, too.