Saturday, August 30, 2008

Teenagers are like, so annoying...

Chan had some friends over tonight, which is fairly normal around here. They were using our house as their meeting place before heading to the football game. But tonight, they were seriously out of line and on my nerves. I was in the kitchen putting away groceries when my front door opened and in walked Julie, one of his friends. No knock, no ringing the doorbell, nothing? WTF? Then, not 10 minutes later I am in my room and I hear my cell phone ring (it's on the bar) so I head in there to answer it. I was kinda wondering why it stopped after 2 rings and I kid you not that same chick has my phone in her hand!! She looks at me as if nothing is amiss and tells me it was Hunter calling. I am still stunned. I am wondering if she was just being nosey and didn't realize my phone had a touch screen that picks up as soon as you barely touch it or what? Either way, I was a little peeved. So, I grab my phone and head back to my room and wait for them to leave for the football game. And, lo and behold here comes Chloe and she tells me that Evan, another one of Chan's friends took the whole 12 pack of Mr. Pibb to his room! This is the same kid who got into my pantry a week or so ago and grabbed a box of Cocoa Puffs. He was attempting to walk out the front door while simultaneously cramming cereal into his mouth. Anyway, I walked in there tonight and said to him, "we must have been fresh out of cereal." Then, I plucked the drinks from his hand and shooed them out the door. I would have never behaved that way at a friend's house, ever! The worst part of it is Chandler acts as if it's no big deal, because these kids are "just being themselves." Oh, ok, being rude and nosey and having no manners is acceptable? Wow, me and Chan need to have a talk.

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Whoa! Seriously....thats just plain RUDE.

Unknown said...

Be careful. That's how it starts. Then you find out that the spend-the-night is actually a new boarder. It happened to me twice before I figured it out. Thankfully, my boarder pissed me off too many times and I gave him the boot. He lives in Tulsa now. And my son has been warned that I won't be fooled again. Not even for a late night!!

Krista said...

OH geez!! What punks!! I'm glad you said something to him.