Thursday, August 21, 2008

P, B, J 's and 1, 2, 3's

School is coming so fast, 4 more days of Summer to be exact. And, I did something this year I never do: I waited until the last minute to start preparing. There is so much to do. Like teaching Hayden to tie his shoes, persuading Hayden to eat sandwiches so making lunch is easier, taking Chloe to get her booster shots, a few more school clothes and supplies to buy, 2 more Meet the Teacher nights, supplies to label, etc etc. Let's not forget one little tidbit: 4 kids at 4 DIFFERENT schools!! Which translates into 4 giant packets to fill out, 4 registrations, 4 well check-ups, 4 orientations, PTA membership at 4 schools, 3 bus routes, 2 boys who have to be at school at 6 a.m. for football, 3 different start times, hair appointments, and on and on. And, my favorite part: they ALL have to wear uniforms this year! Yeehaw! So, to say I am busy would be putting it mildly. If you see me banging my head on the ground or drinking a margarita at Happy Hour, call for help. ASAP! But seriously, I am looking forward to our Annual Night Before School Dinner At A Nice Restaurant outing. It's sustaining me from going bonkers.... and I am serious.

5 comments:

Krista said...

I hope you get through it!! I'm just happy to have Travis back so I can get back into a routine. My house goes to pot when he's home. I get too lazy;)

Kelli said...

Why four different schools? I'm sure random dogs sleeping on your front porch aren't helping matters.... Margaritas, anyone?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Holy crap, that's crazy!!! Good luck and holla if you need some help!! Ü

Shannon said...

Wow! That sounds a BIT overwhelming, to put it mildly! The howl different schools and different start times, and different PTAs thing, man! way to go! and good luck! You can do eet!

Kelli said...

Hmmmm, interesting... some RANDOM dog almost beat my front door down trying to get in. Could it be the same one? Argh!!!!