Monday, August 11, 2008

Let sleeping mommies lie...

Man, can't a girl get a good night sleep? I CAN'T sleep with any noise, at all! Some people seem to not be bothered by noise and can sleep anywhere, like men. And children. So annoying. I can hear anything and everything and I am losing sleep. Ugghhh! It's Summer and me and the kids have our days and nights mixed up, bad! Most days we are still asleep at 11 or later. I know, I know, Bad Mommy. But, I love to sleep. I think it's under-rated. I say 10 hours for everyone! My kids are older and they are trained. We are totally laid back and the kids have been late sleepers forever. I do sometimes wish I could get the ball rolling earlier each day, like 10 or so. But, then I would most definitely need a nap. Anyway... just this past Friday I thought I was gonna lose my mind. My phone rang 7 times between 8 and 11, the dogs barked for a solid hour, the mail lady rang the door bell and I got 4 text messages on my cell phone. Just as soon as I would doze off, I would be awakened by some noise. I guess maybe I should try ear plugs or the people/animals in my life could try and be a little quieter. By people I mean mail carriers, UPS men, solicitors, etc. My friends and family know not to call before 12, I won't even answer it. And, let's not forget Coco and Daisy, who bark at EVERYTHING! The dogs I can't control, unless I let them sleep with me. Which ain't happening. They are too big for that not to mention my comforter is white! I could leave a no solicitor sign on the front door, move the phone and answering machine out of my room, or put my cell phone on vibrate. But, no. I guess I secretly enjoy being woken up out of a deep sleep. Such fun!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

It does not matter how long I have been up, but if my phone rings before nine, watch out! It doesn't matter who it is, but it makes me sooooooo mad. The kids sometimes wake up at 7, so yeah, by 9 I've been up two hours. But still, don't freakin' call me!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I used to tell myself..."I don't NEED sleep, I can TOTALLY do without it" Ummm....yeah, total lie! I LOVE TO SLEEP and I never get enough!! My parents still tease me about being a really horrible morning person...I'm not better now, though I am getting a TAD better! Just a tad...