Monday, August 25, 2008

'Twas the night before the first day of school...

They'd been hanging out just playing it cool.

The whole family was fed, and their prayers had been said.

Their uniforms were laid out with care, each one hanging on the back of a chair.

The kiddos were snuggled all cozy in bed, each one feeling a sense of dread.

Momma was resting after a day full of chores, while Poppa just rested, a bundle of snores.

The clocks were set and turned on, all so they would ring at the crack of dawn.

Breakfast had been planned and lunches packed, Momma had even made each child a special snack.

She thought to herself, I can't believe it's already here, another freakin' school year!

Morning will be here in a flash, and the Myers' family will be off in a dash.

**have a great 1st day of school!**

P.S. Yes, I know I am a dork. But who cares!

2 comments:

Krista said...

That was so cute!! I hope they had great days!! Travis came home kind of grumpy so I hope that isn't what this year is going to be like;) You are such a good mama!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

You are so not a dork! That was a totally rad rhyme! I can't believe summer went by so fast for them! I hope they all enjoyed their first day of school!