Friday, February 20, 2009

All about US!

Since I am so bad at blogging lately I thought I'd give you the rundown on the family. Basically we are all anxiously awaiting Spring Break as we are ready to come out of our Winter cave! But, I'll add to it just a bit.

Me- I have been watching TV, reading, eating, and sleeping more than necessary. Isn't that what one who is hibernating does? I am having a hard time kick starting my diet and an even harder time staying off of Facebook. I am growing my hair out again. I have a new Spring wardrobe and now need sandals and flats to match. I am more accepting of my birthday this year than last... could it be that I am maturing? Although 35 is a scary number!

Jon- He is growing more addicted to BMX by the minute. He is also getting into Facebook too, just not as much as his wife. He still falls asleep on the couch every night and snores more than ever! He is thoroughly enjoying all of his Valentine candy, maybe too much. He will be 39 next week, yikes! I am married to an old fart! But, I love him anyway. I just wish he had more gray hair than me. So not fair!

Chan- What can I say? He is a teenager. He finds hanging with friends much more appealing than family. Although this could be because his friend's moms cook every night... He got a letter jacket for football. The school paid for most of it but we spent a hefty chunk of change on add ons ($165) and he has yet to wear it. He is hot natured, yet HAD TO have that jacket! He gets better at guitar every day and is still not driving. I am putting it off as long as possible... I'm a smart mom like that. He will be 17 in 3 weeks, holy cow!

Hunter- I am not exactly sure what Hunter looks like anymore. His head is always down because he is texting or on his I-Pod touch. He too is getting super fast at BMX. He doesn't have a girlfriend currently and for the first time in 2 years only got Valentines from me. This is because he has "dated" every girl in his school and there is no one left who adores him. Poor Hunter. He has the stinkiest feet of any human being I have ever encountered. He is still working his way through puberty.

Chloe- She too is working her way through puberty, yet she seems to be hitting more roadblocks than Hunter. I am guessing because she is a girl and we are odd little creatures... She changes clothes 5 times a day and sometimes when we run errands together she sneaks on make-up. Her favorite thing to do is take pictures of herself. Some are really good, I just don't understand why we need 100 shots of the same pose. She keeps taking my blow dryer and flat iron. For real. I am not ready for this... She is also fixing to start racing BMX.

Hayden- He is doing great at spelling and reading and writes the funniest little stories that crack me up every day. His most prized possession at the moment is a plastic wallet from a Jack in the Box kid meal. He has $5 and a photo of himself in there. So cute I wanna punch him. He is doing awesome at BMX as well. He is a very sweet, laid back, kind hearted little boy. Definitely helps when his sister is being a turd. He tells me about 50 times a day that I am pretty and he loves me. I am keeping him forever, until he meets a girl who is worthy.

Coco and Daisy- They are super happy to be back home. They went straight for the pool for a drink and a welcome home lap. They have been very well behaved. Makes me think they are grateful... And, I can't help but wonder about their adventure. Coco still won't stop barking and Daisy still walks while she pees and poops. Whatever, I guess dogs have quirks too.

Pedro- He is the oddest cat we have ever owned and we've had over 10 cats in 13 years! He goes outside and immediately runs to the backyard where the dogs cover him in slobber. He claws at them like crazy, even drawing blood. Yet he still stalks into their territory. Weird. Last night he managed to detach the teddy bear from my Valentine flowers. Which he then took to the hallway and molested. Freak. He drives me batty.

And, there you have it. The down low on the fam. I sure hope my creative juices start flowing soon. Have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Lois Brown said...

How fun to find out more details about each one of your family! This was a fun posting to read (not that they all aren't fun, but you know what i mean!)

Kelli said...

Facebook is so fun, isn't it? I can't believe Jon is going to be 39. That's just crazy. We're, like, adults and stuff. I love those kids of yours.

K said...

I loved reading all about you and your fam! Isn't it crazy how quickly time passes! One minute your a "tween" who's stealing the blow dryer, and then the next minute you're 30-something. How the heck does THAT happen?!

Kirsten