Saturday, February 7, 2009

freaking out

Tonight at around 10 o'clock I am sitting at the table working on posters for Relief Society and the dogs are barking SO LOUD that I can't concentrate. I asked Chloe if she would take them each a pig's ear and put them in their dog run to chill a bit. I hear her talking all sweet to them and then nothing... then I hear her crying worse than I ever have before. She is calling "Mommy, mommy, HELP ME!" I immediately jump up from the table as she is walking in the back door and ask her what is wrong. She tells me that Daisy, our white dog bumped her in the back of her legs and that she slipped and conked her head on the steps that lead to our pool. I had her lay her head on the counter so I can put a wet paper towel on it. As I try to separate her hair, I see a TON of blood. So, I start to panic and then she starts to panic. She was so pale and so nervous. Jon runs in and yells at me for making her panic.... turd! While he tends to her, I run grab her shoes and my sweater thinking it's gonna be a long night in the ER. Jon assures me that it's not as bad as it looks and that the bleeding is letting up. I give her some Advil and put her in a lukewarm shower so I can rinse her hair and asses the damage. Turns out the giant clip she had in her hair broke her fall and dug into her scalp. It left a little divot about 1/4 of an inch wide on the back of her head. I ended up putting Neosporin and a gauze pad on her head and made her lay on a bag of ice. Now, she is on the couch watching TV and I think both of us have finally stopped shaking. Whew, close call. I am still gonna worry all night and I don't care how white my sheets are or how bad she kicks- she is so sleeping with us tonight!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Ahh!! I hope she is ok!

Lois Brown said...

poor baby! I hope she is alright and that you are alright! and I don't blame you my girls have slept with us even now when things like this happen! They are never to old to need their mom!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Aww!! Its the scariest thing to see your babies bleeding!! I hope ya'll get a good nights rest!

Anonymous said...

I always over reacted so bad that I scared the poor child and sometimes the neighbors. When Ken got dog bitten, severaal neighbors came running. He did have 42 stitches and a giant paw shaped bruiseacross his face.Julie was 2 and Chris was 1 month old. AS the years went on I was like, Don't bleed on the rug and get in the car for the Dr very calmly. Mom

Kelli said...

Okay, holy cow! When I first got on here today, I saw that picture and I almost threw up. It reminded me of when Jack got her that time and then the time Chandler fell and busted his teeth. But I'm glad it was more minor than it looks. I don't blame you for shaking like crazy.