Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crazy times 8

In between flickering power and weather updates, I was able to catch most of Dateline about the octuplets' mom. It is my opinion that she isn't playing with a full deck... She just struck me as odd, as did the whole situation. She stated that she does get food stamps for her family and government money for her autistic son. But, she doesn't consider it welfare... what is it then? She has zero income and plans on living on student loans until she graduates in a year. I am not sure how she plans on finishing school with 14 children! It was also revealed that the first 6 kids were born in just 5 & 1/2 years. Wow! The same guy supplied the sperm and according to her he's a close "friend". And, just to add to the crazy: she denied having plastic surgery. Now, I saw pictures of her online and they even showed pictures of her when the first kid was born and she looks like a different person. I definitely think she might have some weird obsession with Angelina Jolie. From the nose and lips to the houseful of kids. In video footage of her from 6 years ago she even sounds different. The whole thing has me annoyed and scratching my head. Honestly I don't know why I care. It just seems so weird. I don't deny that she loves her children, I just don't know how she's gonna keep up and I feel terrible for the older kids. The interviewer asked one of the kids if she was excited about the babies and she said "no, because my mom's gonna be stressed out all the time." Anyway- opinions, thoughts, discuss. I am curious...

5 comments:

Erica said...

I've been looking for a platform to express my disgust at this ridiculous situation. I am so glad I'm not the only one that thinks she has an AJ obsession. The still photo of her sitting in the chair with Ann Curry looks like she was trying for a portfolio shot. From what I've read and seen lately, she is nuts. There, I said it...I'm judgmental. It would probably help her out if she'd tell the truth about something. There'll be a sucker or two out there that will give her money...sad.

Krista said...

She's totally nuts!! I saw her before and after pics and at the very least she had her lips done! And um...yeah, food stamps comes from everyone's pockets. I hate ignorant people. And I just read the Jon and Kate plus 8 book and their first year was insane. And that was with 6 kids with two previous ones. Not 8 with 6 previous ones. I feel so bad for her mom and her kids!! She is truly selfish. Unfortunately, my mom said she already got a book deal! I won't buy it!!

lkspeir said...

And this girl thinks that her choices are good for her children??? Give me a break! I agree she's nuts among other things. The taxpayers will be raising those children.

Missy said...

I'm all about giving others the benefit of the doubt - that I am ignorant of enough facts not to judge - but yeah, you said what I was thinking, word for word. That food stamps and disability are not welfare stumped me.

Kelli said...

I was freaking out the first five minutes of that interview over her obviously plastic face. It really, truly looks like she's trying to look like Angelina Jolie. I was turning from Bryce to the TV and back again with my jaws hanging open. I swear even her NOSE looks like Angelina's. And I cannot believe she denied having work done. I do think she's crazy, and yeah, she is totally irresponsible - but those sweet babies are here now, and it's not their fault, or the older siblings. I just feel like if people debate about it too much - it almost sends the message they don't belong here on the Earth. And I know that's not what people necessarily mean, but still. If I had the money, I'd give it - for them. She does seem to love them - and I have to respect the fact she wouldn't abort them or let them be destroyed. That being said - I'm sure there are other women who would have been happy to have one of those little embryos.