Friday, February 6, 2009

Good Stuff

I am feeling this overwhelming urge to blog, but can't really think of squat to blog about. So, I thought I would do a good stuff list. Little things that make me happy. Enjoy!

1. warm chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk, enough said

2. when the perfect outfit just comes together, one that people notice and one that makes you feel great

3. sleeping with the windows open on a cold night but being warm as toast under a thick goose-down comforter

4. crisp new magazines

5. an awesome book that you can't put down, one that makes you think days after finishing it

6. hitting all the green lights, not getting behind slow drivers, and finding a front row parking space

7. getting a basketful of awesome-ness at Target and spending under $100, doesn't happen very often, but when it does- boo-yah!

8. my babies sleeping... mouths hanging open, covers tangled, hair every which way, little snores here and there, dang I am lucky

9. lunch dates with my hubby

10. soft, warm, squishy babies (Kelli and/or Amy, I need a fix...)

11. Friday afternoons, no homework, pizza for dinner, and just knowing that on Saturday you can sleep in and spend the day with your family

12. a blog post that people can laugh at, sympathize with, or be cheered up by

Ok, so I am feeling all warm and tingly now. I hope you are too. Have a Happy Friday!

8 comments:

K said...

These aren't just "good things"... they're G-R-E-A-T! (imagine the sound of Tony the Tiger... that's me... right now...finger pointing in the air!).

K

Erica said...

Thanks! That helped my mood. :) I can always count on you.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

You just gave me an instant craving for some warm chocolate chip cookies!!

Ashley said...

I am glad Erica. I will gladly come and get a baby fix when Connor arrives, if you need to shower or nap... let me know! And, Kristen- I gave myself a craving. So, I promptly went to the store and got all the ingredients for homemade cookies. No slice n bakes or mixes, the real deal! Yum, I can't wait!!!

Lois Brown said...

Loved your good things! Reading your blog always makes me smile or laugh or both! Love ya!

Krista said...

Amen and amen!!

Kelli said...

We'll get you a fix soon, I promise. I'm just so stinkin' tired with all these sinus infections! But he's fun right now - he's hitting that really smiley happy phase. The other day he was just laughing because I was talking to him. He is the smiliest baby I've had - making up for the constant crying the first couple of months!
Good list.

Krista said...

Ok, you stinker!! I haven't been able to stop thinking about chocolate chip cookies since I read this. I think I will be making some this afternoon!