Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day of LOVE...

Boo! Today was like a normal Saturday. I am not sure when I decided Valentine's Day was not for me... I love to do stuff for my kiddos and hubby, and I might be a little offended if I didn't at least get a card. But, for some reason this year I was not into it. I guess knowing the house was a mess and needed serious attention was part of the reason. And I didn't have a sitter. And I didn't want to fight crowds. And I didn't have anything cute and red to wear. I ended up cleaning out the fridge and the microwave. I did a massive deep clean on the bathrooms and washed a ton of laundry. I cleaned off my desk, swept the front porch and walkway, cleaned out my purse, vacuumed the carpets, and mopped the tile and wood. I did all of this while wearing pajama pants with hearts on them, so I was sorta "in the mood". My husband brought me gifts: a new navigation system, flowers with a little teddy bear, a Mr. Goodbar, some gum, a Christmas candle, and my fave- a card that he and the kids recorded an actual message on! We had some delicious Jack in the Box for dinner. At this moment I am just feeling so romantic I might burst! Now, I am off to daydream about a bubble bath filled with rose petals and a hot guy to paint my toenails Valentine Red. Maybe next year we will have it together... I did spoil my husband and kids with more goodies than they really need, and I enjoyed every minute of it! I hope YOUR Valentine's Day was awesome and full of LOVE!

4 comments:

Krista said...

I like Valentines day but then I don't like it. I love the extra excuse to show your love for your family but sometimes....you know. We were funny. That morning we were signing our cards right before we gave them to each other. Um....let me go in the den real quick....oh, look, I have a card for you. And then Trav did the same for me....it was too funny;)

Lois Brown said...

I'm glad that you got a lot done...but sorry that you didn't really feel like it was Valentines Day. Nice gifts from you husband. And I'm glad that you had fun giving to your family as well. But really sorry that it was just another day! Maybe next year. I think sometimes we put too much pressure on a day being special and it ruins it. I know years that I have really tried to do something special, it wasn't always what I thought it should be. But other times when i just go with the flow and not put so much pressure on the day its fabulous! I'm trying to be more laid back! Ha! Love you!

Missy said...

I don't know - if I had a day that productive, it would certainly be a Special Day. :)

If you didn't feel a need to make a single day commemorative of the love in your life because you do little of that every day - you must really have a life filled with love! That's a good thing. Plus, read this back to yourself - you did celebrate - it just wasn't contrived.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

House full of sickos is what my vday was like...so, i hear u.