Friday, February 27, 2009

Finding Out

Wow! Thanks so much for all the congrats and well wishes! I have awesome friends! I am finally on here to post about how I discovered I was pregnant. Here we go:

Let me first start by saying that I didn't think more children were in the cards for me. It had been 7 years since my last baby was born and I wasn't getting any younger. I knew the chances were slim that I would ever be pregnant again. My biological clock had started ticking loudly and I was really feeling desperate for a baby for quite a few years and nothing. (That was such an odd feeling too. I was weepy about babies and I already had 4!) We weren't trying, we just couldn't agree on if we wanted a caboose baby. I had finally come to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to have any more children and I was ok with it. I was gonna get skinny and was seriously considering going back to school. It had been almost 6 months since I had asked Jon if we could try. I had lost some weight and that felt awesome! So, I got busy with Christmas plans and was thinking of what to do and accomplish in 2009.... little did I know!

I had been feeling kinda weird I guess you could say. The girls (Bertha* and Martha*) were feeling tingly, like they were trying to tell me something... Plus, I kept getting dizzy (remember the Titan and the Omni theatre?) and that's not like me. So, one evening I made up an excuse to run to Target and grabbed the cheapest 2 pack of pregnancy tests I could find. When I got home I went straight to the bathroom and took one. Positive immediately. I got out of the bathroom and made dinner as if nothing was wrong. After everyone was asleep I took the second one- and it too was positive. All I can think of is that I am the lucky fart who got not one but two faulty tests. I mean Aunt Flow wasn't even due for 6 more days!! So, I immediately Google the brand of tests I bought and they are notorious for false positives. I knew it! I wasn't really with child... or was I? The next morning I ran to CVS and bought 5 more tests. I went home and walked straight to my bathroom and you guessed it- I took them all. My bathroom looked like a science lab. And, one by one they all came up positive. I guess you could say I'm a little dense, seeing as it took 7 tests for me to get the hint. It took me three whole days to tell my husband. I got my first positive on December 28th and held it in til New Year's Eve. He was a little shocked to put it mildly. I went back to Target within 30 minutes of telling him and bought the new edition of What to Expect When You're Expecting and a giant bottle of pre-natal vitamins. That next week my symptoms kicked into high gear. I must say being pregnant at 34 is nothing like being pregnant in your late teens and early twenties... I kept the news to myself as long as I could telling only a few people like my Relief Society prez (since I was suddenly sleeping ALOT and kept missing church) and my hairdresser, who along with my OB assured me it was safe to color my hair. I only recently told my kiddos, who were in total disbelief and asked if they were being Punk'd! I then slowly but surely started breaking the news to the whole world! I really wanted to surprise everyone and hope I was successful! So, there you have it- The Discovery. You know I am gonna get on here and blog some more about it, but I'll shut up for now. And, I promise to blog about something other than pregnancy all the time. Scout's Honor.

*Bertha and Martha= the twins, boobs, breasts, etc etc.

3 comments:

Lois Brown said...

fun story...and here all this time you kept tellin us you didn't have anything to blog about! I'm so excited for you and more excited that I'll get to hold it and get my baby fix as well! Cute about the 7 tests.....funny too about the kids thinking they were being punk'd! Can't wait to hear all about your expreiences! Love ya!

Krista said...

That's too cute!! I love that it took seven tests! Get all the rest you can!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

the twin boulders ;).

You'll have plenty to blog about now...and your fans want to be with you ever step of the way!! Yay for babies!!