Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Doggie Drama!

Yesterday morning my dogs decided to get out and go on an adventure! We must have driven for miles and yelled our lungs out looking for those dogs. So, today after not seeing any found ads for Labs on about 5 different websites I decided to head to the Humane Society in downtown Fort Worth and nothing. They told us that there was another shelter in FW that we could check at. It required us to drive around and through a TERRIBLE neighborhood, because yes, we did get lost! If you have ever been near the homeless shelter off of Lancaster you know about the neighborhood of which I speak... enough said! On another note, if Jon had schooled me in how to use my new navigation system I might have gotten us there quicker. We were about to turn around and go home when we decided to say a prayer that we would be able to remain calm and know where we needed to look. I was able to find the street I needed pretty easily after that and we found our destination. We go inside, sign in and start walking through a maze of dog kennels. I was feeling pretty hopeless at that point because I know my dogs and their bark and I didn't hear them. But, as we turned the last corner there they were cuddled together asleep in a little ball! They were soo happy to see us! My white dog Daisy has a pretty big gash on her head and will be going to the vet tomorrow. It cost me $120 bucks to rescue them. Boarding fees, renewal of their county license, and micro-chipping. I actually got a decent discount because they are spayed and up to date on their shots. But still! They are home now, fed, watered, and in their kennel for the night. And, tomorrow Jon and I are gonna be doing some MAJOR fence repair. So much fun! Really, I have said it before and I'll say it again: "Hi, My name is Ashley and I have a black cloud over my head."

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I'm just glad you found them!! Hopefully that black cloud moves on and leaves you alone for a bit!!

Lois Brown said...

Very cool prayer story....I am very happy that you found them...and I hope your cloud goes away soon!

Faintastic! said...

Aww! Sweet cuddly doggies!

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you were able to find them. I would have loved to see them curled up together.

Krista said...

Ah!! That is so good that you found them. My moms dog did that and he must have covered some ground from the sounds of where they picked him up. He also had a big gash on his bootie:) Poor things. You always wonder what they went through while they were gone!!