Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Medieval Good Time

Every Summer we try and do one fun family activity every week. It can be cheap or pricey, depending on our pocketbook. Tomorrow we are due to receive our government stimulus check, so we splurged on a trip to Medieval Times. Our whole family has been before, except for Hayden and Chloe. We had such a good time. I highly recommend it, especially if you're kids are older. The Torture Museum that is inside there was cool. If you are super hungry, the food is pretty good. You get: vegetable soup, garlic bread, roasted chicken, a barbecue rib, roasted potato, an apple turnover, and Pepsi. You can't be shy about eating with your fingers, and salt and pepper are a must. Hayden did better than I thought with the roasted chicken. Chloe however, did not. She requested gravy. They don't have forks, did she really think they had gravy? I took several photos before hand, and some of the "knights" and horses. Then, I started to eat greasy food with my bare hands. I didn't really want that funk on our camera. And, worth noting: we saw not one but two people we knew there. First we saw Kristal, she used to be Chloe's gymnastics coach when she was 5. Then we saw a guy named Jason Egbert, who is a pro BMX-er. Funny thing was, he worked there as a pooper scooper for the horses? Needless to say, I am glad the boys have fun racing but am not sure it's quite as lucrative as we were hoping.

Chloe, Hunter, and Hayden waiting for the show to start

Chan watching the pre-show

me, Bertha, and Miss Chloe

me and Mister Hayden

Chloe and Hayden sword fighting

me, Bertha, Martha, and the Chan-man

the fam

Jon being abused

our yellow Knight

The Royal Court

Hunter, letting one rip (a fart that is)

Me, realizing Hunter farted


P.S. After seeing my "large bosoms" in these photos I have affectionately named them Bertha and Martha. They really do take up alot of camera space...

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh! Keith and I went there ages ago pre-kids and it was SO MUCH FUN! I even ate the greasy chicken with my fingers! I loved it, I can't wait till the kids are old enough to go again. Looks like ya'll had a blast!

Kelli said...

Looks like fun, and everyone looks so cute.

Krista said...

That is so much fun. We have that here at the Excalibur and you made me want to go again!! Too funny about the boobs;)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Another thing we don't have up here in Boise, dangit.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I used to make James take me to the one in Vegas every year! I LOVED it! I didn't realize there was one here! So excited!
Looks like ya'll had fun! Ü